Join for free
Page 452 of 1676 « First < 352 402 442 450 451 452 453 454 462 502 552 952 1452 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 03:57 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

trust RJ to bring us back in focus!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Heard this one from Tim Vine yesterday.
My Father went round the Roundabout, and into a Forest, "Is He Ok", well, he's turned the corner, but he isn't out of the Woods yet.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 04:48 PM

I was talking with a seamstress. She proudly showed me her collection of thimbles.
It all went wrong when she asked me what I thought of them.
WHY?

...coz I said "Hmm...sew-sew"
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 06:00 PM

I thought Pug had gone off fretting or splitting the Atom, or something

I was enquiring about some lead crystal wine glasses, in store today. The shop assistant stated that they only sold plain glass, adding that there was no difference. I told him that there was a big difference drinking my wine from a proper expensive lead crystal wine glass. I told him that it was like drinking coffee from a paper cup! Really he enquired, yes it gives my wine a better flavour, It must be the lead causing me a nice slow death. Honestly guys! He believed me.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Today I, in a contrary way of thinking, touched cloth, with an unknowable mystery.
I am 70 years old shortly. I can easily recall my life and times for nearly the whole span. Take for example the last 60 years where have they gone? how are they measured ? Do they still exist in a parallel structure beyond our understanding? Was it all in my mind and purely a gigantic hallucination designed just for me?
Today I had one of those moments; just a split second when everything made sense. Have you had just a moment when you understood your place in this existence. Out of the blue I had such a moment when I stood back & knew everything in heaven & on earth. Then it was gone, too much for my puny self to retain.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Today I, in a contrary way of thinking, touched cloth, with an unknowable mystery.
I am 70 years old shortly. I can easily recall my life and times for nearly the whole span. Take for example the last 60 years where have they gone? how are they measured ? Do they still exist in a parallel structure beyond our understanding? Was it all in my mind and purely a gigantic hallucination designed just for me?
Today I had one of those moments; just a split second when everything made sense. Have you had just a moment when you understood your place in this existence. Out of the blue I had such a moment when I stood back & knew everything in heaven & on earth. Then it was gone, too much for my puny self to retain.
No young Robert, I have not had my moment yet.
How strange, yet comforting.

Can I come to your Birthday Party?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:21 PM

My dear Roberto;fear not,old chap-for what you experienced was naught but your mind accordancing it's retained neurological files into semblance of order-that order may be of a preordinance you,as a mere mortal,cannot understand-but the electrical impulses that energise your very being DO...and for a few seconds,as those retained files were placed into cerebral order,clarity became predominant in your cleared thoughts. NOW,however,you once again can think of several things both equilaterally and directly,from point of observation and from position of central prominence...and you can do this with immediacy. THUS,what you Earthlings call "Clouded thoughts",y'see. You do all try to think too many simultaneous things,rather than concentrating on "Where did I leave my toilet?" because,for some reason,humans tend to find thought singularity extremely difficult. You just ask young Sweetie ... SHE can't help thinking "OMG,that Pug is WONDERFUL!" at the exact same time she's thinking "Hmm-shall I wear my lacy stuff,or my miniskirt,today?" Y'SEE? [although,fighting off smitten ladies can be tiring]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
interesting parallel thinking - you can certainly garnish some proof that you have existed during that span BUT no real proof that all your individual thoughts existences ever did - so the outer core can be recognized and recalled via photos/'documents etc but the inner core 'poof' gone - well not quite still in your mind wherever that is - we puny humans have never manage to locate the mind although some crazy loons called trick cyclists make a lot of money delving into it!

you can share some of your inner thoughts but very few people will bother to retain them as well as you. I guess that's why we play the game of "let's look at my photo albums" again. And once we've gone??? - how long a minute remnant of our outer core let alone the inner will ever remain - and does it all really matter or is it a game of "mind over matter" you know that one heh??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 11:12 PM

Interesting explanations given there, I have to say I experienced that same feeling meself a few years ago, the whole great plan is laid out before you for a split second, but in that second you are able to grasp it and you understand, it gives one a satisfied feeling and banishes all fear, impossible to even attempt to describe it, but I'm glad I had it.
It was akin to a dream I had last year in which I saw colours that I'd never seen or known, really beautiful, it went on for what seemed ages, I was disgusted when the morning traffic woke me up.
Whatever you dream don't dream your dead, 'cos if you dream your dead you are dead, or so a fella form Mayo was telling me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I thought Pug had gone off fretting or splitting the Atom, or something

I was enquiring about some lead crystal wine glasses, in store today. The shop assistant stated that they only sold plain glass, adding that there was no difference. I told him that there was a big difference drinking my wine from a proper expensive lead crystal wine glass. I told him that it was like drinking coffee from a paper cup! Really he enquired, yes it gives my wine a better flavour, It must be the lead causing me a nice slow death. Honestly guys! He believed me.
You are of course correct there Sweetie. As any partaker of the grape will tell you, the glass makes a hell of a difference, same with Guinness, it has to be pulled slowly (like you was wooing a posh bird), into a bone dry glass, and served at the correct temperature, it is sacrilege to do otherwise.

Page 452 of 1676 « First < 352 402 442 450 451 452 453 454 462 502 552 952 1452 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top