Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Before & After

Great photographs start with great subject matter, good light, a good sharp lens and a photographer who knows how to put it all together. What most people, including photographers don’t know, is that post processing is just as important as all the hardware and conditions. It takes years to master just a portion of what graphics software can do. I thought I’d give you a glimpse of what I regularly do with a snapshot quality image taken with a great camera & lens. For the techies out there I shot this with a Nikon D800 with a Nikkor 24-70mm F/2.8 lens aboard. ISO 3200, F/5.6, 1/250″. It was handheld and no flash was used.

LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Re: Before & After

Stunning pictures, Bob.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2012, 09:24 PM

I too use the editing facilities of Picasa. I suppose you consider that program to be quite elementary but.................. I am only a beginner.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I too use the editing facilities of Picasa. I suppose you consider that program to be quite elementary but.................. I am only a beginner.
Elementary graphic editors are better for starting photographers. You would probably be totally intimidated by Photoshop and the 8 plug-in software packages I use daily.

I deliberately didn't mention my software because my point was that editing software is remarkable when used on a fundamentally good starting photo.

I've grown with my software updates as I have with my camera gear. It doesn't happen overnight and it takes a lot of dedicated time. I am self-taught.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I've grown with my software updates as I have with my camera gear. It doesn't happen overnight and it takes a lot of dedicated time. I am self-taught.
You've certainly got great skill Bob. I enjoyed photography as a hobby years ago but haven't done much since digital cameras arrived on the scene. I used to cringe when people who liked my work would say "you must have a really good camera". (Would they assume Rodin had really good chisels or Rembrandt really good brushes?)

Always happy to see your photos here - thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top