Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 07:03 PM

Re: my house is haunted

Ooooo where was that France or here?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
In my last house we ripped out the very old kitchen which dated from the sixies and totally refurnished the room .... a few weeks after it was finished, I use to come home every morning (i worked nights) and find 3 or 4 of those thick brown rubber bands like they used in the post office .... in the middle of my kitchen floor ....We didnt have any like it in the house for them to of been moved there by the dog, no one had a key to the house and Hubby was on a years tour . this went on for over a year and I use to keep them and made a ball out of them which got quite big .... hubby came home chucked the ball away and it stopped..... never worked out why that happened ....or if there was any meaning to it ....
We have had similar to that - no reasoning to it that I can see ....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Ooooo where was that France or here?
In Cornwall......
While doing other work in the house we found a pair of used baby shoes in the roof and a silver piskey charm up the chimmey , we put those back as the work was completed but im not aware of anything being found in the kitchen but the builders may of or it was not seen and chucked out .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 09:10 PM

Spooky, my Auntie & Uncle used to live in Ponjerravah, Constantine, their house always felt odd. Perhaps it's a Cornish thing.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 06:12 PM

I live in a big old country house. Built in 1930 to replace the original house that burned down..same foundation though. When we moved into the house in 1959 we had many unexplainable noises and door openings, faucets turning on...stars creaking...rooms turning cold suddenly. Blankets pulled off beds in the wee hour of the night. Dogs were aware of things and jumped to bark at empty rooms. We named him Abner and when we found a hand made crutch in a closet...read the deed where the land was awarded to a injured veteran in 1845 for 1 cent a acre for 80 acres. We never felt fear of him but had visiters that left in the night!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 06:16 PM

Fascinating Shirley, I believe what you say, having had many experiences myself - you just get used to it eventually ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 06:18 PM

The only 'spirits' I know about are those that pubs, supermarkets and off-licences have labelled Gin, Whisky, Rum, Brandy etc, etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-01-2014, 06:23 PM

The old ones are the best - right Joe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top