Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 02:46 PM

Re: EU Draft deal to be published

Note the comments taken from the Beeb news website

"Mr Cameron's proposed four year ban on in-work benefits for EU migrant workers could come into force immediately if the UK votes to remain in the Union.

But it would have to be agreed by other EU nations and it would be "graduated", with more money from tax credits paid to migrants the longer they remain in the UK."

In other words, nothing will change if we're stupid enough to vote to stay in.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 03:31 PM

It really doesn't matter to me what deal, promises and crafty half truths Cameron comes up with, Nothing he says or does will change my mind about coming out. I was against going in, in the first place and was sick to my back teeth when we did.
I hope the promised vote goes against him and look forward to him realising he's not a little tin god who always gets his own way.....
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

At least Cameron is trying, ineffective as he is.

Corbyn has told the EU he wants migrants to get immediate benefits without paying into the system.

They love him.
Cameron is trying allright Swim.
Trying to bullshit us that is!
Surely there is no one out there naive enough to swallow the crap he is bringing home, expecting the electorate believe any of it.
Is there?

And talking about Bullshit.
Hello Jeremy!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 03:52 PM

Let's see where we are:-

In the YES camp we have our elected MP's - those with their noses already full entrenched in the EU trough, those desperately scratching at the pig-sty door, those with "Career means everything to me" emblazoned on their foreheads, and of course the Johnny come lately, lying turncoats that have up until now been so anti-EU but beat a path to our Dave's door the moment they were promised a promotion if they vote yes to staying in.

In the NO camp, we have a bunch of idiots who agreed to a gag on not even speaking or whispering the word "out" until negotiations are full and complete whilst Bul......r Dave whistles Dixie as the YES gang grab all and as much publicity as they want by shouting the merits of staying in from the rooftops without a word of protest from the OUT camp. Ho Hum !
Then of course we have the in-fighting from the OUT team as to who is Ceasar !!

Good god, someone pass me the smelling salts,
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 04:14 PM

If this PM of ours had one shred of decency in him he would have fought long and hard, fists punching on the table if necessary, at that negotiating table. But he obviously didn't even bother asking at all !!!
At this most moment in time, with the frightening immigration situation threatening every EU country, he had the perfect timing to justly demand - as he promised to do so - (and what the people of this country rightly ask for) first, the absolute right to say who can and who cannot come through our Borders. second, the return of our welfare system to how we ran it ourselves i Third - The NHS - closed to all non-British residents without payment in advance except in accident and emergencies.

If Dave had been on our side he would and should have demanded that these rights be returned or we walk away from the EU, taking our 15% per annum with us.

But we all know what Dave is don't we ? He doesn't give a flying fig for what the people of Britain want or deserve in these non-negotiations. I can just imagine the charade that was really taking place in-between the Lobster courses over there. What a joke if it wasn't so serious. Dave would never threaten a single thing that could entail the UK walking away from the EU. Why would he, it is his last term in office and he doesn't want to be known as the PM who took us out of the EU. The coward !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
If this PM of ours had one shred of decency in him he would have fought long and hard, fists punching on the table if necessary, at that negotiating table. But he obviously didn't even bother asking at all !!!
At this most moment in time, with the frightening immigration situation threatening every EU country, he had the perfect timing to justly demand - as he promised to do so - (and what the people of this country rightly ask for) first, the absolute right to say who can and who cannot come through our Borders. second, the return of our welfare system to how we ran it ourselves i Third - The NHS - closed to all non-British residents without payment in advance except in accident and emergencies.

If Dave had been on our side he would and should have demanded that these rights be returned or we walk away from the EU, taking our 15% per annum with us.

But we all know what Dave is don't we ? He doesn't give a flying fig for what the people of Britain want or deserve in these non-negotiations. I can just imagine the charade that was really taking place in-between the Lobster courses over there. What a joke if it wasn't so serious. Dave would never threaten a single thing that could entail the UK walking away from the EU. Why would he, it is his last term in office and he doesn't want to be known as the PM who took us out of the EU. The coward !
Hi

A long list there Shropshiregirl.

I voted for us to join the EU when it was the EEA.

It makes a lot of sense to be in the EEA, better trade, easier travel, a whole load of things and I would still vote to remain in the EEA.

The EU has however changed beyond all recognition since then.

It is a completely different animal, run basically by France and Germany for their benefit, with a massive bureaucracy who want more and more integration , simply to maintain their own positions.

The European Parliament, which is supposed to represent the people, with elected representatives, is a joke, it has very few powers, things are decided by appointed commissioners, like our own Lord Mandelson, who are completely out of touch with reality.

However, the issue about Benefits is not the EU Fault, it is ours, nothing to do with them.

It is the same with Immigration, we allow vast numbers of Migrants from outside the EU into the UK.

That is our choice, it is not an EU Ruling.

We have 600,000 illegals here, we can get shut, we don't, again our choice, nothing to do with the EU at all.

In or out of the EU makes no difference at all, we will still be stupid enough to continue with our ridiculous ways.

The NHS?

Well under the EU Rules, we can charge the costs of use to the Country of origin, the European Health Insurance card for example.

Other EU Countries get every penny back, we don't, our choice, our stupidity.

No, the reasons I will be voting out are these.

I object to being ruled by a bunch of faceless bureaucrats
and commissioners.

I object to the whole edifice being ruled by Germany and France.

I object to the ludicrous costs of running it and the incompetence of those who do run it.

I object to Merkel wanting to admit the Ukraine and Turkey and another wave of migrants who will have the right to come here.

I object to the likes of Merkel being able to give EU Passports to vast numbers of Economic Migrants from the Middle East and North Africa, people who we would not grant UK Passports to, enabling them free access to come here.

I will be voting for out, but not for the same reasons as many of you.

Leaving the EU is not going to make one jot or iota difference to the large numbers of Non EU Migrants, or the stupidity of our benefits system for them or to the NHS costs for them.

That is entirely down to us, we are a lily livered bunch here, we cannot even make the Common Fisheries Policy work to our advantage, let alone protect our own fishing industry.

The EU could have been good for us, the fact that it hasn't is down to our useless Politicians.

That is not going to change, so time to get out.

I am convinced that it is going to cost us a lot of money and job losses over the next five to ten years.

I am also convinced that the Economic Migrant problem will get much worse in the short term as a direct result of leaving and that we do not have the Political will or the resources to deal with that,

However, it is a price worth paying.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Lets not forget his own job opportunity with 'Brussels' after he gives up his seat in the commons - another reason not to upset the apple cart over there.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-02-2016, 05:58 PM

I truly believe that too SF, We just need the British people to have the courage that their parents and grandparents had and go it alone against the enemy that has formed out of something that was probably started with a more noble thought - trade.
Now we seem to be up against those whose sole agenda is direct rule over us. !!

Well I say go to hell ! all it takes is the courage to say OUT! and put your cross where your parents and your grandparents would put them without a moment's thought.
No way would they be taking this crap so that two countries feel they have the divine right to be the main beneficieries of most of which the other countries contribute. Which two ? One a country we defeated twice when they tried it before and the other a country that we liberated ! Unbelievable !

It's time we stood up, arms together, and say. We don't need you telling us what to do, how to act, what to say and when and if to say it. We fought two world wars in the name of democracy and we intend to keep it.

Let them have their United States of Europe, Let them have their USE troops, Let them allow terrorists, murderers and the welfare chasers in, if that is their wish. Us, I want our borders back.

In fact, I just want our country back to what it was before the thought came into these un-elected mysterious men in Savile Row suits in Brussels that they want to rule over the whole of Europe! The last person who tried that was Hitler and the British gave that B.....d short shrift then too !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Hi

Hilarious Shropshiregirl.

I was at one time , one of the men in suits.

A plain speaking Yorkshireman, I never really fitted in.

I thought I could make a difference, stupid I know, but there we are.

The hypocrisy of Blair etc was more than I could stand.

I can remember the looks on the faces of the people in the room when I suggested video conferencing would be just as effective and far cheaper than swanning over to Brussels First Class for a waste of time meeting.

They could not wait to get rid of me, and I could not wait to get out.

I was then seriously injured on one of my trips to the front line.

An opportunity for both of us, I was out.

After a couple of years unemployed due to injuries I was back doing what I liked, hands on stuff.

I loved it, worked my way back up, but never went back to the serious Political Stuff, just operational, which is what I was happy with.

As you may have gathered, I do not think that we have any serious Politicians of either Party around at the minute.

There are some of both Parties who I have the highest regard for, but they will not get anywhere, simply because they are not part of the Establishment.

I have the highest regard for the vast majority of the British Public, I find it so sad that we do not have Politicians worthy of them.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 06:45 PM

Oh my, what a depressing thread, why are so afraid to do what's right for us? Why don't we kick out illegals from outside the EU? Would be a start.
The EU is far too big to be effective for all concerned and we seem to have been pushed to the side lines, apart from when we're handing over the dosh!!

Cameron seems to think his demands are being met and that we'll all be impressed by his endeavours, hmmmm.. don't think so, Dave.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top