Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Re: If You Like Chocolate....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mmmn dunno, it doesn't look very appetising! In the first pic, it reminded me of pink coconut ice!
VERY expensive, and apparently best with champagne.
Just another con perhaps. Although some people do not know what to waste their money on.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 04:37 PM

We stopped buying the tins of chocolates quite a few years ago as we stopped eating so many sweets/chocolates. we were finding that they were getting left and we did not want to eat them just for the sake of it.

If we are going to get any we get one of the smaller boxes that they sell.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 04:42 PM

Problem is they would never last until Xmas in my house and I'm sure they know that. I know that's a bargain but I won't be buying any even though chocolate isn't my favourite I know I would stuff my face well before Christmas.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 04:49 PM

I wont be buying as too many get left uneaten..I usually just buy a box of these ,as we all like them and every single one gets eaten ..I just buy the one box and it lasts over xmas
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 06:41 PM

I don't buy them, I think these days they're not such good value, the chocolate seems....I dunno...cheaper? And they are all wrapping and no contents.

Plus I have a sugar problem, the amount of sugar in some of the centres kicks off my eczema
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 06:44 PM

No chocolate here, this is a chocolate free zone
I can walk past the sweets isle in Waitrose without giving it a second thought these days.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No chocolate here, this is a chocolate free zone
I can walk past the sweets isle in Waitrose without giving it a second thought these days.
I can do that too, biscuits are my Kryptonite
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 07:28 PM

I no longer buy tins of chocolates, they were a waste of money as no-one was interested in sweets/chocs at Christmas. I was given a tin of Quality Street last Christmas, I didn't open it and gave it to the Food Bank.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 07:38 PM

We don't buy them any more either.
Even the Thorntons equivalents that we once liked don't seem to hit the spot any more, so to speak.
I'm not sure if it's the palm oil that all these cheaper choccies use or what it is but TBH even the cheaper chocolate from Aldi or Lidl tastes better somehow. In my humble opinion, of course.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I wont be buying as too many get left uneaten..I usually just buy a box of these ,as we all like them and every single one gets eaten ..I just buy the one box and it lasts over xmas
Aysa, Dairy Box are the nicest! l like every one of them!
I will only buy them when they are £3, usuallly in Asda around Christmas, Mother's Day and Easter.
I buy lots of 360gm boxes and give them as presents or, for my big fat tum!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top