Join for free
Page 34 of 98 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 04:17 AM

Re: Premium Bonds

Originally Posted by Val J ->
We don’t have a lot of bonds and haven’t won anything for ages. When interest rates are low I think there are less prizes!
Interest rates are very low well below inflation on safe investments

AND

You cant lose your money its safe and if you do win your not taxed on it.

As I have stated before the return on my ISA is .75% the return on my P bonds is 1.4% and both tax free.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:03 AM

I bought 5k of them I expect that won't win me anything. Thing is now if I bought more it would be a different batch of numbers maybe I should cash in the 5k and buy a larger amount to ensure a consecutive run of numbers? I know I over think things
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 11:34 AM

As I have said before we are doing so much better on the premium bonds than on our savings accounts, I think there was only one month last year when they didn't come up. I just wish they would increase maximum amount of money you can put in the bonds, £100,000 would be useful.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I bought 5k of them I expect that won't win me anything. Thing is now if I bought more it would be a different batch of numbers maybe I should cash in the 5k and buy a larger amount to ensure a consecutive run of numbers? I know I over think things
As some on else posted the odds of winning are about 31k
It makes no difference if you only hold one bond than if you hold 5k of bonds.

So odds of 31k in winning on a £1 bond(No amount on the win)

Each single £1 bond has a 31k chance of winning.

Having a much bigger block will not win you any more than having 20k of bonds brought over twenty years with hundred off numbers.

Think at the moment its the best and safest way to invest for a short investment.

If you need your money out and into your bank account its there in a day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 07:38 PM

This month some lucky person won £100,000 with a £10 Premium Bond. Their total Bond holding was only £20 altogether

No, it wasn't me!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

06-05-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
This month some lucky person won £100,000 with a £10 Premium Bond. Their total Bond holding was only £20 altogether

No, it wasn't me!
thought it was me.

A £20 bond

Right amount holding.

said 21K holding

Right area.

Have a load of small amounts brought back in the eighties.

Got up on May the second just after midnight.

And guess what it was not me...but maybe next month.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
thought it was me.

A £20 bond

Right amount holding.

said 21K holding

Right area.

Have a load of small amounts brought back in the eighties.

Got up on May the second just after midnight.

And guess what it was not me...but maybe next month.
Better luck next time Galty
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
As some on else posted the odds of winning are about 31k
It makes no difference if you only hold one bond than if you hold 5k of bonds.

So odds of 31k in winning on a £1 bond(No amount on the win)

Each single £1 bond has a 31k chance of winning.

Having a much bigger block will not win you any more than having 20k of bonds brought over twenty years with hundred off numbers.

Think at the moment its the best and safest way to invest for a short investment.

If you need your money out and into your bank account its there in a day.
Thanks for taking time to respond Galty, I will leave it at 5k for the moment.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
You people who win so much do you have the maximum amount invested? if so is it all in one lump of consecutive numbers? Is that the answer to have a big run of consecutive numbers?

I'm the same as Galty with just under £21K in premium bonds and have won £150 so far this year. If I win another £130 0r so I'll have outperformed my ISA.

I've got a few thousand£ cash in an ISA and have often been tempted to put it in to Prem Bonds.

With an ISA you can only earn the interest on offer.

With prem bonds you can earn nothing or £1million or any amount in between........ and above ....in theory up to £12 million p.a !!!!!

That makes the investment a bit more exciting
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

09-05-2018, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I'm the same as Galty with just under £21K in premium bonds and have won £150 so far this year. If I win another £130 0r so I'll have outperformed my ISA.

I've got a few thousand£ cash in an ISA and have often been tempted to put it in to Prem Bonds.

With an ISA you can only earn the interest on offer.

With prem bonds you can earn nothing or £1million or any amount in between........ and above ....in theory up to £12 million p.a !!!!!

That makes the investment a bit more exciting
Imagine winning the big one Moscow I suppose that's half the fun too daydreaming on how to spend it...if only

Page 34 of 98 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top