Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Princess Meghan

The more I hear about Meghan Markle the more I like her!
She has the most delightfully dysfunctional family .
You really couldn't invent her Dad
(I think it will end up her Mother walking her down the aisle on Saturday )
She has had one marriage behind her never mind one always has to kiss a few frogs before you find a Prince !
She is socially minded -with a background to match I hope this will not change as she moves from slave decent into the land of mega riches and privilege .
Looking forward to seeing the wedding on Saturday
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:05 AM

Re: Princess Meghan

Will she be known as 'princess' though, Muddy? She is a commoner. I suppose 'they' might make her a Duchess as they did for Kate Middleton.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:08 AM

So much controversy before they are even married. It will certainly be interesting to see how all this pans out in the end.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:00 AM

I hope she is what she portrays herself as have to admit I'm beginning to doubt it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:03 AM

The more I know about her the less I like her, will avoid The Wedding like the plague and spend the day away from all media and on The Moors.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Will she be known as 'princess' though, Muddy? She is a commoner. I suppose 'they' might make her a Duchess as they did for Kate Middleton.

They made Diana a princess though, didn't they.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:10 AM

She is very beautiful, seems very sweet and they seem a lovely couple....... but ....there is something about her that l just can’t put my finger on?

I can’t believe what’s going on with her dad! Will he turn up on Saturday to walk her down the aisle or has he definitely done a runner?

The thing that intrigues me, is the bowl food reception they are having, so that they can eat whilst mingling!
What happens when they get drunk? Will the guests start a food fight and start flinging the food about?

Let’s hope, that it will all be alright on the night!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:13 AM

Re. Meghan’s title, l thought she was going to be made, Duchess Of Sussex?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
When you marry a prince you become a princess.
Duchess is just another title .
All royal dukes are the sons of princes or kings .
Camilla is Princess of Wales ( she just doesn't use it for obvious reasons)
Kate Middleton is Princess Catherine
Meghan will become Princess Rachel probaby as this is her first name .
The Queen will dole out a Dukedom no doubt .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2018, 10:31 AM

I found this...

Although, Meghan Markle could become a princess by marriage, she would not be entitled to be styled as Princess Meghan.

To have princess as a title before your first name is an honour reserved for women who are born into the Royal Family.

So while Princess Charlotte is a princess because of her father’s royal status, Princess Diana was actually Diana, Princess of Wales.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top