Join for free
Page 135 of 190 « First < 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Let's get this right....

Our self-professed lone wolf is tearing things up so other men can come in and make things right....something about his job being done?

While this is extraordinarily open-minded of him, I think it best that he stay closer to home, at least for the time being, and continue to maintain that monopoly on Mrs. Fox's hugs.

Missing tea mugs are much, much easier to replace.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 08:36 AM

I'm afraid hugs for Mrs Fox will have to wait Surfermom. I now have confirmation that the plasterers will arrive bright and and early tomorrow morning, this means that all pending jobs must be completed by close of play tonight. Saturday night work finished at eleven thirty, yes that's correct. Thirty minutes from midnight, and I was swinging the hammer again on Sunday at seven in the morning.

For Surfermom's information, the jobs in question have been dismantling cupboards and worktops, some of which were built into the structure of the house, and drive them to the dumpsite in bite size pieces to avoid the need for a skip (dumpster)...
Old extraction units had to be removed and the holes through the walls bricked up.
New electrical items require new concealed cables, and walls needed to be chased out for trunking to be plastered in place.

Some electrical circuits were not up to present day standards and have had to be brought up to spec, and the house sound system, with loudspeakers in most rooms has had to be re-routed, because what once was a cupboard and hid the wiring, is now open wall.

So today is my last working day before the plasterers arrive, and it's my last 'Big Push'....
I suspect another late night.....

Since I visited the physio, my back has refused all attempts to run, in fact, it has set me back a month, just as I was starting on my comeback. My last visit will be on this Thursday, but until then I have put my running on hold....Gumbud.........So once Mrs Fox can put down the vacuum cleaner and mop, hugs, may or may not return........but I'm not holding my breath...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:16 AM

Have to admit when I hurt my back physio did me no good at all. Eventually a new doctor at the practice have me pills that totally relaxed me and I slept like a baby for a week...worked for me

I know it might be difficult to think like this but the kitchen will be lovely when it's done ... you are right though such a big job is not easy as we get older especially with a bad back.... a lesson for us all
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:56 AM

I do sympathize with ya OGF - women and their kitchens are a bloody nightmare and I am sure Mrs Fox is no exception!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 04:56 PM

Foxy, I hope you are OK.
I look forward to the pics when it is finished. lol
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy, I hope you are OK.
I look forward to the pics when it is finished. lol
Agreed, but just of just the kitchen, not the skirmishes, please

In another week or two, the kitchen will be fresh and bright, and most especially back in production....(mentioned obliquely to gumbud-who-doesn't-seem-to-be-complaining-when-a-roast-chicken-is coming-from-said-nightmarish-kitchens-and-women )...while you and Mrs. Fox will be enjoying the fruits, vegetables, and entrées of your labors. Maybe a few candles here, a nice bottle of wine there....

I'm really pleased to hear you are back with your physical therapist on Thursday, and I hope that after some pushing, prodding, and poking, you feel a lot better.

This is an overwhelmingly summer for your family and I expect that you could all use a break and some rest, but press on. Seeing your daughter marry is such a lovely thing, OGF - one of the most precious times in her life - and I hope you can take a deep breath and enjoy this time as she would most certainly want you to do. The great outdoors, your moody piriformis, and your running shoes will still be waiting for you come August .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:31 AM

Thanks Summer, and yes, the only thing that seems to work on my back is a good dose of Ibuprofen and definitely not the charming Kevin....(The Physio) However, he reckons that three visits should do the trick, so I will give him a chance.

You can say that again Gumbud, it's been a nightmare. I think Mrs Fox has got a touch of OCD and it's impossible to prize the vacuum cleaner out of her muscular arms, very strong woman indeed....

Pictures in abundance when it's done Sweetie Pie, in fact I've got a few of the devastation before the plasterer arrived this morning....

Ha, Surfermom, no need to wait until the kitchen is finished, Mrs Fox likes nothing better than to sink a few red wines while I'm cooking the dinner on a camping stove, or doing the washing up afterwards...Proper slave driver she is.....

So with red and bloody knuckles after spending all day yesterday chiseling out walls for cables (for every hammer blow to the chisel, the knuckles took one also) and then the two hour cleanup operation so I could cook us some dinner, I eventually fell into bed with an aching back... Thankfully I just had time to gobble my porridge this morning before the plasterer arrived. At least the kitchen is 'Out of bounds' for me today while he 'Does his stuff' so it's a good opportunity to get some rest and catch up with the forum.

This was the disaster area before the plasterer turned up.....

And this was yesterday's job, cutting out the wall for the cables, from ceiling to almost the floor, and then afterwards removing brick dust from every surface and orifice...

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 10:41 AM

Good lad OGF, one thing i hated doing as a Lekky was the large dose of hammer rash gained while chasing the walls.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 11:14 AM

I think she's won OGF!!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the pics Foxy.
I remember helping chase out the walls for my BIL, when he rewired his whole house, very time consuming, let alone messy.
I also had a go at plastering, I wasn't bad either, a bit like icing a cake.
However, I can tile walls as good as any - So there.

Now, I have heard on good authority, that the best parties are in the kitchen, so when it is finished - hint hint

Keep us posted Foxy.

Page 135 of 190 « First < 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top