Join for free
Page 134 of 190 « First < 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

So pleased Bob... you should book a short break just for the two of you... no family, the lakes something like that, Secret Escapes have some good offers right now
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 11:18 PM

Pleased to read you are safely back home Bob .
I think sometimes following a holiday there can be the sense of anticlimax on arriving back home, things can feel a bit 'dull'.

Add to that the upheavel of having a new kitchen fitted and a few harsh words said on both sides but not necessarily meant and you have the recipe for discontentment.

Bob when you are both calm it can help to sit and have a good chat about all the things that are bothering both of you and hopefully you can resolve any issues.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So pleased Bob... you should book a short break just for the two of you... no family, the lakes something like that, Secret Escapes have some good offers right now
and no running! - that's a marriage breaker - right girls??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 07:20 AM

Hang in there, Bob. I know you'll work it out mate
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pleased to read you are safely back home Bob .
I think sometimes following a holiday there can be the sense of anticlimax on arriving back home, things can feel a bit 'dull'.

Add to that the upheavel of having a new kitchen fitted and a few harsh words said on both sides but not necessarily meant and you have the recipe for discontentment.

Bob when you are both calm it can help to sit and have a good chat about all the things that are bothering both of you and hopefully you can resolve any issues.
Thanks Meg, there have been quite a few of those good chats since I returned and we seem to have found some middle ground for the time being. I do believe that when the kitchen is back in working order things will be better, what with the kitchen, my injury and our daughters wedding coming up in August, I think I just had to be by myself for a while. Thing is; the older I get, the more I want to spend time on my own. Writing on the forum does help to get it off my chest, and it makes no demands.....Unlike some I could mention...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Thanks also to Floydy, Gumbud, Summer, Surfermom and last but not least...Twink, Mags and Mups....It's nice to know there is somebody in your corner.........Hugs for all of you (well perhaps just a handshake for Floydy and Gumbud )...Use the hugs sparingly though, Mrs Fox seems to have a monopoly on hugs just lately....

I'm finding it hard to remember when I knew where the cutlery drawer was, or the cupboard where we keep the pots, even my teamug requires a search of the spare room. I've still got a few jobs to complete next week before the fitters move in and I can relax. That's the trouble with being fastidious.......Nobody can do it like you!

Just to put everyone in the picture.....I decided to take out the old kitchen by myself and also do all the electrical work, there are plasterers and kitchen fitters descending on Foxy's secluded dwelling next week when my work will be done, so as well as coping with missing cooking items and trying to get things done before they arrive, I've had more than enough time to argue with Mrs Fox and drop out of society for three days last week....

But it's made me realise.....I'm getting too old for this nonsense, and it's the last kitchen I'll ever see installed....That's if I survive this one!...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks also to Floydy, Gumbud, Summer, Surfermom and last but not least...Twink, Mags and Mups....It's nice to know there is somebody in your corner.........Hugs for all of you (well perhaps just a handshake for Floydy and Gumbud )...Use the hugs sparingly though, Mrs Fox seems to have a monopoly on hugs just lately....

I'm finding it hard to remember when I knew where the cutlery drawer was, or the cupboard where we keep the pots, even my teamug requires a search of the spare room. I've still got a few jobs to complete next week before the fitters move in and I can relax. That's the trouble with being fastidious.......Nobody can do it like you!

Just to put everyone in the picture.....I decided to take out the old kitchen by myself and also do all the electrical work, there are plasterers and kitchen fitters descending on Foxy's secluded dwelling next week when my work will be done, so as well as coping with missing cooking items and trying to get things done before they arrive, I've had more than enough time to argue with Mrs Fox and drop out of society for three days last week....

But it's made me realise.....I'm getting too old for this nonsense, and it's the last kitchen I'll ever see installed....That's if I survive this one!...
Bob, you have had a lot on your plate lately and your injury doesn’t help. You need to pace yourself, especially with your daughter’s wedding coming up. I remember when it was our daughter’s wedding, my husband was getting very stressed and uptight about it and he was on edge all the time. Six or seven weeks before the wedding he went down with Shingles and was in a lot of pain with it. His doctor said it was more than likely brought on by the stress and worry of the forthcoming wedding.

That is just an example of what stress and worry can do to you Bob, you don’t want that, so my advice is slow down a bit and pace yourself and you will be ok. My best wishes to you both x.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:15 AM

A day at a time Kiddo..this too will pass
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Meg, there have been quite a few of those good chats since I returned and we seem to have found some middle ground for the time being. I do believe that when the kitchen is back in working order things will be better, what with the kitchen, my injury and our daughters wedding coming up in August, I think I just had to be by myself for a while. Thing is; the older I get, the more I want to spend time on my own. Writing on the forum does help to get it off my chest, and it makes no demands.....Unlike some I could mention...
Bob I don't think it is age that makes us want to be on our own ( I am including Meg and myself on that "us") I think it is because we have our ideas on how things should be done, so don't want others to do it differently, if it affects us!
Maybe we enjoy our own company, but there is always occasions when we need an opinion from somebody else... and occasionally their opinions make more sense that our own, providing we allow ourselves to admit it.
People, who know you personally, are always ready to tell you if they think you are wrong but people on the forum will just offer an opinion....so you can ignore them! Being on your own means your ideas can't be wrong, and often they are not, but we need to remember that even we can't be right all of the time!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 04:42 PM

your problem is running Bob - give it up for the women you once loved??

Page 134 of 190 « First < 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top