Join for free
Page 36 of 190 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 11:35 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

The Snails Revenge.
As I took the rubbish out last night I noticed a snail on the garden wall, well I don't like to kill them but I don't encourage them to eat the nice green leaves of my flowers still abundant in the garden. He had to be ejected. There is a large green with several trees and foliage round the edges just t'other side of wall, a veritable paradise for Snails.

After gaining some speed as I jogged down the drive, I drop kicked the Snail high into the air and heard a dull thud as he landed in a pile of leaves at the other side of the green. An intense pain radiated from by buttocks down the back of my leg and terminated in my Achilles Tendon.

I staggered back and rested a while on the wall, it was many minutes before I could stand up straight and walk back to the house. The rest of the evening was spent shuffling around in my chair trying to find a less painful position, but to no avail.

Supper was accompanied by the administering of some medication in the form of an Ibuprofen and I limped off to bed. Sleep has never been a problem for me, and tonight was no exception, but on the odd occasion that I visited the toiled, the pain was still apparent. I worried about the morning walk, thinking that I would have to miss it and thereby breaking a long run of morning walks every day.

The pain had released its grip by the time I woke at six thirty and the walk went ahead as planned, with just a small amount of stiffness. However, sitting down is still very painful so I must get out of this chair and find something to do that does not involve sitting. The next time I spot a Snail on the wall perhaps I will carry him or her to that comfy spot amongst the leaves in the corner of the green.........Anybody fancy massaging my buttocks?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:42 PM

I drop kicked the Snail high into the air and heard a dull thud as he landed in a pile of leaves at the other side of the green.My leg and terminated in my Achilles Tendon.
Well there you go Bob, a lesson in being kind to all little creatures ..
Not much sympathy here i'm afraid..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 04:10 PM

I'm not sure to laugh or feel sorry for you, Bob /
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 10:12 AM

Amen Corner Bob, could well be that group.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 11:15 AM

Trying not to laugh, but failing

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 10:49 PM

Runnings been none existent these days thanks to that friendly little snail but I'm still managing to do the three mile walks every day with the odd jog here and there.
Today while walking with the other half I felt pretty good and pain free so after getting rained off while painting the summer house I slipped into my shorts and vest an set off for my first serious run for a while.

The first mile was heaven as I glided Seb Coe like down the street, and then I broke down and just managed to walk and jog home. I have only been able to sit comfortably with the help of Ibuprofen.....Guess I'm not ready to set the running club alight yet.

It was while I stood observing the two minute silence in Sainsburys the other day when afterwards a thought came to me; There are many days that we remember; When Elvis died or when the trade centre fell down, and I realised that because we have recorded events since time began something somewhere must have happened on every day so I thought I'd take a look through history and on November 12th there are some things that happened, here are a few......

On November the 12th in 1912 Explorer Robert Scott and his men were found frozen on the Ross Ice Shelf in the Antarctic. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

On this day in 1927 Joseph Stalin became the undisputed leader of the Soviet Union.

1929 - Grace Kelly was born.....Happy Birthday Grace.

And on this day in 1944 Two Avro Lancaster Bombers sank the German warship Turpitz just off the Norwegian coast.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 11:27 PM

Ah yes Bob poor old Scott froze to death, he was probably the last of the great adventurers, but then came Edmond Hilary and that big hill he climbed in the 1950’s, I remember seeing that on Pathe news in the cinema.
I was on an errand to the the National Museum when Grace Kelly visited Dublin in the 60’s, I was going out the door and she was coming in with her prince charming and about 10 coppers behind them, I opened the door for her (even at that young age I was a gentleman) and she said thank you with a big smile, she was absolutely gorgeous and I was on the pigs back boasting about it for months afterwards.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-11-2015, 12:44 PM

That kind of chivalry is what I would expect from you Jem, a proper gentleman.
Here are some more happenings that occurred today.....

THIS DAY ON NOVEMBER 13TH
1642 – The Battle at Turnham Green outside London where the far larger (but less capable)English Parliament army gave King Charles a bloody nose and cased him to retreat to Banbury. He never did manage to take London by force.

1789 - Benjamin Franklin writes; Nothing is certain except for Death and Taxes.

1843 - Mount Rainier erupts in Washington State and pumps loads of Carbon Dioxide (and other nasties) into the atmosphere contributing to Climate Change and all without our help.
Mount Rainier or Mount Tahoma as it was known by the indigenous folks is 14 thousand foot high and is classed as one of the most dangerous Mountains in the world due to it’s location and the amount of Ice deposits on it’s summit. Should it erupt again it would produce quite a bang. It was first climbed by Hazard Stevens and P. B. Van Trump in 1870 – I bet it was still warm. Eleven people lost their lives in 1981 after they were caught in an Ice fall, but even worse, 32 people were killed in 1946 when the aeroplane they were travelling in crashed on the ‘South Tahoma Glacier’.......It still claims several climbers a year.

1992 - Riddick Bowe beats Evander Holyfield in 12 rounds to become the Heavyweight Champion of the world.

1995 – The release of ‘Golden Eye’ the 17th James Bond film featuring Pierce Brosnan for the first time and also Judi Dench as ‘M’ And I went to the cinema to see this.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-11-2015, 12:16 PM

Found myself with a bit of spare time this morning and had a read of the news from 26th November 1703....

There was a great storm on this day in 1703 classed as the worst disaster of all time, it struck Southern England sinking 13 ships and killing over 1500 seamen. 4000 Oak trees were lost in the New Forest and 2000 chimney stacks were blown down in London.
Several hundred people were drowned when the Somerset Levels were flooded and the Eddystone Lighthouse was destroyed killing the six occupants. Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell's ship the HMS Association was blown from it's berth in Harwich all the way to Gothenburg in Sweden.

Can't blame that one on Carbon Dioxide and Global warming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Storm_of_1703
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 02:28 PM

bob's bits or is that bites - he likes to catch a bite or two but usually finishes up with bits of everything - keep biting bob we like to see you bite!

Page 36 of 190 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top