Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Re: Brexit referendum, have you changed your mind?

It's a shame we didn't have many remainers posting.

My family was split my daughter and her husband voted remain then when the leave vote won she was very cool with me for a while. We are ok now though.

I asked her if she would still vote remain and she gave me one of her stern looks and said yes... I thought it was advisable not to question her further
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 10:47 AM

My kids are divided at the ballot box but havnt fallen out with each other over it
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 11:19 AM

I must make it clear that I voted to Remain. I am genuinely surprised to see this almost unanimous backing for Leave. There seems to be no 48% here. Are other Remainers keeping quiet?

There is only one issue that makes me uncertain about whether I might change my vote if there was another Referendum. It is the often expressed ambition for ever closer union. That surely is leading to the United States of Europe which I cannot support. If that really is the future of the EU then I suppose leaving now would be less painful than leaving further down the line. But painful I feel it is going to be.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 11:42 AM

I voted leave I would still vote leave
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Definitely not.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I must make it clear that I voted to Remain. I am genuinely surprised to see this almost unanimous backing for Leave. There seems to be no 48% here. Are other Remainers keeping quiet?

There is only one issue that makes me uncertain about whether I might change my vote if there was another Referendum. It is the often expressed ambition for ever closer union. That surely is leading to the United States of Europe which I cannot support. If that really is the future of the EU then I suppose leaving now would be less painful than leaving further down the line. But painful I feel it is going to be.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...119#post933119

At the last count it was 88% to 34% on here.

Shall we have another poll?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...119#post933119

At the last count it was 88% to 34% on here.

Shall we have another poll?
I think those numbers were the number of voters, but the percentage was still
72.13 % to leave and 27.87 % to remain.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I agree with this.

Many remainers have said if they had the chance again they would vote to leave.

I think more emphasis should be put on the three million votes that were sent out to people who weren't entitled to them and whose best interests were served by voting to remain. They were and still are illegal votes.

Out of 632 constituencies 401 voted to leave, any Government would be over the moon to have that kind of majority in an election.

I agree and I think TM also has smelt the coffee , what remoaners are doing by scuttling the LEAVE decision is trying to ignore the countries decision by legal loopholes ,splitting hairs and plain old sculdugory ...... if they are successful and for whatever reason brexit doesn't happen then sooner or later we will have to have an election and once again the people will have their say ..... and 52% of pissed off voters is I imagine a formidable sight to behold and certainly enough ticks in boxes to put anything from BNP to screaming monster party way ahead of anything and everything the mainstream parties could muster
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think those numbers were the number of voters, but the percentage was still
72.13 % to leave and 27.87 % to remain.
Yes Twink, thank you for correcting the figures, in too much of a hurry!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes Twink, thank you for correcting the figures, in too much of a hurry!
Aren't we all at times Ruthio It took me a couple of mins to work out how 88% and 34% could add up to 100.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top