Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:41 PM

Finger Nails

Do you take care of your hands, or they just work horses?

Do you have strong nails and still paint them pretty colours? Or do you bite them. Or maybe you have false nails even?

I have never tried false nails in my life.
It's not so much that I'm 'Anti' false nails, it's just something I've never really thought about. I suppose always being around animals all day, then gardening alot, long painted nails wouldn't really be appropriate. I quite like to see nice hands though.

So how do you look after your hands - or don't you?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:49 PM

Re: Finger Nails

I'm so guilty of NOT taking care of my hands/nails. I have a friend who is always telling me, go get your nails done................I don't flipping want to so I'll do what I bloody well want to do LOL. I'm me, tidied hands don't make me any better or worse of the person I am.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:50 PM

Mups I seem to spend my life cooking/cleaning/gardening so keep my nails short and clean.

I don't know how women with long artificial talons manage to do any housework I suppose they wear rubber gloves,

I would never have false nails stuck on and don't even like nail polish, it seems to remove some of the sensitivity in my fingers.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:57 PM

I usually have beautiful nails, but today I snapped one clean off

Always my own nails, I only had 1 false nail (acrylic??) put on once as an emergency, and hated the condition it left my real nail in

Right now my nails are a lovely navy blue but now Ive broken one, that colour will come off and Ive a pearly brownish pink to go on tomorrow

In work my hands are protected with gloves and marigolds which is why I think my nails are doing so well at the moment.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 04:14 AM

Scratch yer eyes out...

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 06:45 AM

Sadly my nails are a mess now I've got older. I get vertical ridges along every one which wouldn't be except they also split vertically all the time so I'm having to cut the crack back, and they never grow without forming splits. If anyone's got a solution I'd be really grateful. I've tried vitamin D, olive oil and those over the counter bottles which are a waste of money.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 06:48 AM

I have my nails reasonably short, neatly filed into an almond shape and buffed up with a chamois leather buffer. Would not dream of using polish/varnish on them. Hate those exaggerated square things with white painted ends to them - they are so ugly.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Sadly my nails are a mess now I've got older. I get vertical ridges along every one which wouldn't be except they also split vertically all the time so I'm having to cut the crack back, and they never grow without forming splits. If anyone's got a solution I'd be really grateful. I've tried vitamin D, olive oil and those over the counter bottles which are a waste of money.
I have the same problem and it has taken 3 years of vitamin D supplements to help. It also helps to keep you nails and cuticles hydrated....I use Aqueous cream immediately after washing them, but the best thing is to make sure you spend at least 30 mins in the sun, everyday during the summer.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:34 AM

I have always bitten my nails. I dislike long finger nails or those with varnish on them, YUCK!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have always bitten my nails. I dislike long finger nails or those with varnish on them, YUCK!
And I cant abide bitten finger nails

Disgusting habit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top