Join for free
Page 7 of 66 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:58 AM

Re: Not going too well for Brexit!!!

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
How old are you, then? I doubt if you were old enough to play any part in the "we" that made the decisions about the Second World War.

I really despise the way some Boomer Brexiters try to grab credit for what happened nearly eighty years for themselves and imply Brexit is a similarly noble cause.

Your decision to abandon our friends and allies has nothing to do with World War 2, nor are those who disagree with you traitors and quislings who need to be interned to keep them quiet.

To imply such a comparison is the usual ludicrous claptrap and shows up those Brexiters implying it as ridiculous, out of touch fantasists, who imagine they are saving our country while destroying it.

To compare the EU with Nazism is absurd. You find a lot more extreme right wing facist thinking among the Brexiters. Just read some of the posts on this forum for examples.
I wouldn't normally stoop to answering your inane blatherings, but if it is of any interest my father fought in the second world war and his two brothers were killed in that debacle.

No, of course I played no part in it, but does that deny me having an opinion of what happened and why, and comparing the expansionist intentions then with those today?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I've not seen anyone claiming glory...........That's how your sad , little vitriolic mind works.

Anyone who knocks another UK citizen for having pride , usually tinged with sadness and regret, at the sacrifices our ancestors were forced to make as a result of the political ambitions and excesses of our European neighbours.....twice in the last century.....is a sad and dangerous individual and should be called out for their traitorous attitude.

EU chauvinism is no more desirable than any other type of chauvinism.
Very well said Moscow....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Blah, blah, usual thicko spite.
No,

It's the only fitting reply for your nauseating drivel.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
No,

It's the only fitting reply for your nauseating drivel.
Or your shit stirring.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

23-05-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Or your shit stirring.
How dare you. When did I stir you today?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
As is your complete inability to accept that many UK voters have not materially benefitted from the UK's membership of the EU.
How are uk voters benefiting from Brexit eh?

I could do a long list of how UK voters have benefited from the EU but you'd ka ka all over it with anti EU propaganda so I just hope you can answer my question instead. Perhaps answer without any sarcasm and sneering this time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I wouldn't normally stoop to answering your inane blatherings, but if it is of any interest my father fought in the second world war and his two brothers were killed in that debacle.

No, of course I played no part in it, but does that deny me having an opinion of what happened and why, and comparing the expansionist intentions then with those today?
So my father also fought in WWII and my grandfather in WWI but what has that to do with anything Brexit? The EU are not the nazis and it's totally ludicrous to infer any such connection.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Why don't you lot arrive together at a standpoint and realise the vitriol,the fury,the scathing remarks-and even the anti/pro whichever side you chose,should be hunting down David Cameron and putting that spineless,selfish,gormless prat on trial for ruining this country. The bloke's had it on his toes,to be banknote-stacker-in-chief,at the tax-avoidance haven HE made bloody sure wasn't affected either way. Have YOU...yes,I'm pointing at YOU...have YOU seen or heard that ridiculously self opinionated prat even TRY to justify the chaos HE caused-and instantly ran away from-in this once superb country? HMM?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Why don't you lot arrive together at a standpoint and realise the vitriol,the fury,the scathing remarks-and even the anti/pro whichever side you chose,should be hunting down David Cameron and putting that spineless,selfish,gormless prat on trial for ruining this country. The bloke's had it on his toes,to be banknote-stacker-in-chief,at the tax-avoidance haven HE made bloody sure wasn't affected either way. Have YOU...yes,I'm pointing at YOU...have YOU seen or heard that ridiculously self opinionated prat even TRY to justify the chaos HE caused-and instantly ran away from-in this once superb country? HMM?
Exactly, he should be tarred and feathered along with Farage another one keeping a low profile now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 03:47 PM

well the man who took UK into the ECU was of course Edward Heath a rather enigmatic character who love sailing and once took his crew to victory winning the Sydney to Hobart boat race a not easy feat to achieve!

It was said that he 'resisted the excessive of Thatcherism' and never married [why did I pop that in?] he came from a working class background the son of a Broadstairs builder!

Heath had been an anti-fascist Tory student at Oxford and served in tanks during the invasion of Germany in 1944-45.

an enigmatic figure perhaps??

Page 7 of 66 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top