Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:22 AM

Seeing red this morning

On our wander earlier Nathan and I were over come by red setters, six of them came leaping out of the undergrowth. Elsie wasn't keen and I had to pick Betty up in case they stood on her, but what beauties. Is there any more gorgeous dog than a red setter !

What made us laugh was lady came stumbling out of the trees after them was spitting image of her dogs long flowing red hair thin and angular body. I think our Nathan was rather smitten.

After she regained control amidst many apologies, they executed a well rehearsed escape bid as she opened her car door apparently peace was restored.

Anyone else a setter fan they were spectacular.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:24 AM

Re: Seeing red this morning

The are certainly very beautiful dogs - but inclined to be eccentric!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Absolute energy too they seemed to leap more than run and were so full of shear fun.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:35 AM

My ancient aunt used to let me take her Red Setter for walkies on a Saturday afternoon. Affectionate with high spirits.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:59 AM

They used to be a popular dog round here once, but haven't seen one for years now Julie. The English Setters seem even rarer now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-04-2018, 10:17 AM

I think that's why we were so amazed mups haven't really seen any for years. Sad really they are such beautiful dogs.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 10:20 AM

A coincidence that the owner resembled the dogs....probably not. Must have been quite a sight.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
On our wander earlier Nathan and I were over come by red setters, six of them came leaping out of the undergrowth. Elsie wasn't keen and I had to pick Betty up in case they stood on her, but what beauties. Is there any more gorgeous dog than a red setter !

What made us laugh was lady came stumbling out of the trees after them was spitting image of her dogs long flowing red hair thin and angular body. I think our Nathan was rather smitten.

After she regained control amidst many apologies, they executed a well rehearsed escape bid as she opened her car door apparently peace was restored.

Anyone else a setter fan they were spectacular.
I found one running up the middle of our road, managed to get her to come to me, she was little more than a pup. A lady I know had two, so I rang her & asked if she knew who's dog it was, she said it sounded like one that lived not far from her, so I found a lead & took the dog round to the house she'd said. A very harassed young woman answered the door, said yes that's mine, grabbed the dog by the collar, took off the lead & handed it back, pulled the dog inside & shut the door, no chat, no thanks, nowt. To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement. I just walked away, but I would have loved to have had words with that woman.
The dog was lovely, friendly & affectionate. Rang my friend again to tell her. She said she wasn't surprised at my reception & the woman should never have taken on a dog like that, too much for her. I never did find out what happened after.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-04-2018, 12:26 PM

It's sad when people take on dogs they should never have and rudeness can never be excused.

I do wonder who the breeder was though as often some don't ask the right questions IMO
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 02:46 PM

I agree, Julie, she was a lovely dog too. I bet she had her re-homed, she obviously didn't really want the dog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top