Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:39 AM

Krissy Donald Day

I don't remember this being reported although it must have been. This too was a vile racist attack just like poor Stephen Lawrence so shouldn't we have a Kriss Donald Day also? Do any of you remember this? I just came across it on Facebook that someone shared and it got me thinking how racism against Muslim or black people is highlighted in this country yet racism against white people is kept low key.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/nov/09/race.ukcrime
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:55 AM

Re: Krissy Donald Day

I don't remember the case, no idea why because I just read the article and it's harrowing, what a terrible death!

Maybe the difference is that his mum said after the case said she felt that justice was done and she didn't want any racial tensions because of her son's death.

Sometimes it's those who shout loudest who get all the accolades, the death of Stephen Lawrence was terrible but as you say so was this boys.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 08:02 AM

I do recall this attack, because after they had stabbed him they doused him in petrol and burned him, to make sure he didn't survive.

Sadly many people ignore the fact that murder is against the law, and crimes like this are one of the reasons I would like to see capital punishment return to the UK.
I often wonder if Britain would be a better place to live if we made sure all these murdering thugs were no longer able to harm another, instead if giving them board and lodgings for long periods.
At a cost of around £47,000 a year, that money could be put to much better use!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 08:51 AM

I remember this murder.

There has pretty been been a media lockdown on this with only limited reporting allowed.

Another example of how badly our multi cultural society serves us, perhaps!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I remember this murder.

There has pretty been been a media lockdown on this with only limited reporting allowed.

Another example of how badly our multi cultural society serves us, perhaps!
No perhaps about it if that was truly the case.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:23 AM

I remember the attack but have not anything about it since. Only a few replies to your thread LQ which proves your point.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember the attack but have not anything about it since. Only a few replies to your thread LQ which proves your point.
Sadly these crimes are becoming so common that I feel we all tend to forget them, once the culprits are caught and punished. Stephen Lawrence only remains in peoples memories because it took them 20 years to imprison those responsible.

How sad that Britain has become a country where racist gang murders have become the norm in our newspapers, rather than something that shocks us all
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sadly these crimes are becoming so common that I feel we all tend to forget them, once the culprits are caught and punished. Stephen Lawrence only remains in peoples memories because it took them 20 years to imprison those responsible.

How sad that Britain has become a country where racist gang murders have become the norm in our newspapers, rather than something that shocks us all
I agree Twink. I can just about remember the times when a murder would shock the Nation. Now there are hundreds of murders every year.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top