Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 02:08 PM

Re: ABBA are back!!

I'm usually very cynical about resurrected bands - they can resurrect the music but they can't resurrect the "context" of their heyday .....

Having said that, Benny and Bjorn are consummate musicians while Agnetha could sing "I'm having eggs for breakfast and chips on my own for tea" and I'd be entranced, so, this time, I'll reserve judgement .....
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 04:50 PM

I forget the word i'm looking for....... when they have an image on a screen.
Like when Nat King Cole sang a duet with Natalie Cole.
Well whatever the word, on Bbc Breakfast this morning they were saying Abba would be in their 70s now, so any new concerts could be images of them on screen singing, while they mime at the front of the stage.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
Well whatever the word, on Bbc Breakfast this morning they were saying Abba would be in their 70s now, so any new concerts could be images of them on screen singing, while they mime at the front of the stage.
The lovely Agnetha is only 68 .....

Anni-Frid is 72, Bjorn is 73 and Benny 71 .....

If they were to perform live, the band could user Auto-Tune or a similar device available for audible pitch correction in music, as many singers do (remember Katie Price's "A Whole New World""?) ......

Auto-Tune removed:

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:21 PM

I believe they are to use Hologram technology on stage, im sure it will be accepted by the fans as part of the show.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:27 PM

As explained in my post above
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:36 PM

Thanks Norm, hologram that was the word.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:39 PM

Thanks Norm, hologram that was the word.
I must be on your ignore list, Sam!
SamTheMan
Merseyside

28-04-2018, 05:46 PM

Sorry.........
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-04-2018, 05:48 PM

Sorry.........
No sweat bud I need to switch off my cloaking device
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 06:15 PM

I also think an album would have been better. I know it would have been a lot more work for them but sometimes singles just sort of get lost without an album.

Also Floydy might have to rearrange his top 100.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top