Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 10:33 PM

Is this the end times?

I think it is - times are changing so fast and I certainly would not want to be born today.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 10:50 PM

Re: Is this the end times?

Nor me, I would be too young to get on this forum..
But, have there been signs? You can’t have an end of Times without some signs.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 10:55 PM

I dunno ... perhaps the young 'uns think it's okay?
They might look back in 50 years and call these the Good Old Days.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:23 PM

Depending on what you mean by End of Times.

If we refer to the bible, then yes, definitely but not necessarily yet. As it says like 'birth pangs' , slowly and surely building up.

There are events foretold, as dead fish in the sea, birds falling from the sky, famine, pestilence , Euphrates river drying up, volcanic eruptions out of the sea, and rivers turning to blood red.
These events do not seem to be attributed to miracles or the likes, but the way in which nature takes it's course and in many cases due to human intervention, but many cases still inexplicable. The rivers turning blood red, is due to an algae, but we have to ask why it has got so bad in so many parts of the world. Plenty of photographs to be seen on google images on all the above mentioned e.g. birds dropping from the skies, shoals of fish washed up, rivers turning red.
The one that is the most concerning is the prophecy of Isaiah , if it has not already happened .
Damascus is the oldest city in the world., 11,000 yrs
Isaiah Chapter 17 for anyone who wishes.

I don't think for one minute anything is imminent , but I believe the signs as prophesized are beginning to show.
The end of times, being the transition from one period to the beginning of another i.e. not the end of the world.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I dunno ... perhaps the young 'uns think it's okay?
They might look back in 50 years and call these the Good Old Days.
The young 'uns seem to hate today's life. They are happy in their skin with the PC way of life - it really doesn't seem to phase them - whereas I (and many on here) find it a strange world we live in. Oh the times, they are a'changing!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 11:31 PM

I think life was always very uncertain but we have lived through period of great calm relative to what went on before.

So for us this seems a strange time but if you look back at history it's the times we have lived that have been unusual.

So no I don't believe this is the end of times. I do think we are ruining the planet though. That will explain flying fish and rivers of red etc. Choices have consequences.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 07:26 AM

Well i hope it isnt all doom and gloom i want to be optimistic for my kids and grandkids.

I would love to come back in say 200 years and take a peak at history see what we did and how we all progressed. I bet by then we are exploring space and finding all sorts of things I really think the best is yet to come
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The young 'uns seem to hate today's life. They are happy in their skin with the PC way of life - it really doesn't seem to phase them - whereas I (and many on here) find it a strange world we live in. Oh the times, they are a'changing!
The PC does not need a clock, it is there for our benefit.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 08:25 AM

People have been talking about the so call 'end times' for a very long time, and no doubt will still be doing so well into the future.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2018, 09:03 AM

The self proclaimed Christian numerologist David Meade predicted the End Of Times for the 23rd of this month.

However he has predicted this twice already this year and both dates have passed and he has predicted many times before.

I think there are people out there, and I do mean ",out there" who regularly predict this and actually cannot wait for the end of the world to come about thinking that it will solve all the problems we have, prove them to be the chosen ones and that they were the ones who were right all along, Yah boo sucks to you sort of thing.

I think if it is the End of Times it is because of the way we have treated our world and the damage we have done and are still doing, plus the idiots we have allowed to take charge and run the world the way they are doing. Caring more about money and power rather than people other than themselves.

I dont think a revengeful God would have anything to do with it, and if it is God wanting to end it all why would she give us signs and signals and not just wave a finger and it all just finishes. Its not as if we can do anything to stop it anyway if thats the reason.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top