Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Coincidence

A few weeks ago I saw an advert in a mag.for information on a man with exactly the same name as my eldest brother [John, known as Jack, D,] I wrote to the person giving my details but she replied that it was not the person she was looking for ,hers was born in Wales, mine was born in Nthumberland
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Coincidence

You've reminded me of a thread on the last (and only) forum I belonged to.

A guy put a thread up searching for a relative with a very distinctive name from a certain area. He asked if anyone knew of anyone with that name.

I happened to be writing to a penfriend with the same name who had emigrated from the town he mentined. I told the chap this on the forum page and if he wanted info I could give him the chaps details after I had confirmed it with the penfriend.

He wrote back on the forum and said I was only attention seeking.

Asshole. I just ignored him after that. Just think tho, it could have been his relative!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top