Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:17 PM

Re: Bought Bread

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well you've previously told us that you suffered from high cholesterol which is something that eating wheat contributes to but hey ho. It's of no concern to me what you choose to eat, nor what you feed your husband with who you tell us is on 5 different kinds of meds!

My concern, is only of posts by people saying you can't make your own bread with arthritic fingers or that you need copious amounts of equipment. Both are imho misguided and uneducated views albeit understandable ones. The world of baking bread has changed dramatically over the past 10 years and I am simply highlighting how it has changed and that you don't need strong hands, you don't need any strenuous effort and you don't need any fancy equipment.
You don't appear to know what you are talking about. Eating wheat products does NOT affect the cholesterol levels, besides which my high cholesterol levels are nothing to do with my diet.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:34 PM

Of course your absolutely right Realist!
As always, now can we move on?

Yes, I am sarcastic!
No, I don't read the whole of your posts, I glaze over after the 10th paragraph usually...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You don't appear to know what you are talking about. Eating wheat products does NOT affect the cholesterol levels

https://www.healthcentral.com/articl...-to-your-heart

"high intake of whole grains will lower your good cholesterol (HDL), increase your small LDL, raise your blood sugar, increase your blood pressure, and increase belly fat. For Dr. Davis, many of these assertions gained truth through trial and error in treating over 2,000 of his own patients. In an effort to find a better solution than invasive procedures to ward of heart disease and other heart-related events, Dr. Davis asked his patients to eliminate wheat and other whole grain products. The results of this program were astounding, and many of his patients saw dramatic changes in weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels"

Small LDL is basically "bad" cholesterol.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
https://www.healthcentral.com/articl...-to-your-heart

"high intake of whole grains will lower your good cholesterol (HDL), increase your small LDL, raise your blood sugar, increase your blood pressure, and increase belly fat. For Dr. Davis, many of these assertions gained truth through trial and error in treating over 2,000 of his own patients. In an effort to find a better solution than invasive procedures to ward of heart disease and other heart-related events, Dr. Davis asked his patients to eliminate wheat and other whole grain products. The results of this program were astounding, and many of his patients saw dramatic changes in weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels"

Small LDL is basically "bad" cholesterol.
Others would disagree with that analysis. Anyway I will continue to eat wheat products. As I said before my high cholesterol levels have nothing to do with my diet.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top