Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: My Rowan

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not sure what's going on now.
Wrong topic maybe?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Well done Mups ... who's a clever girl!

I hope they grow well, especially as they came from the mother tree.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh, I didn't realize she did any damage between her fingers. I am sorry to hear that. It must have been very sore.

Thanks for letting me know longdogs.
Blue, I was joking but I would have liked the awful man, who knocked Mups tree down, to have been crushed by somebody's fingers....he was driving after he had been drinking and he was not insured to drive the car.

Hope that explains what I was saying!

Hope your vision is still improving
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:46 PM

On my allotment we have a walnut tree

Two years ago I took all the walnuts of it there where loads((none last year)

For some reason that I cant understand but last year in my greenhouse in an unused pot something started growing... dug it up and its a walnut shell that had started to grow.

Left it to this year and transplanted to my allotment and its going great guns nearly a foot high.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When that drunken idiot smashed into my front wall last winter, he also took down my lovely little Rowan tree.

I was very upset about this, but that a ray of hope came along.
I read somewhere how to grow a new one.

I looked around and found some of the berries left behind.
Then I squashed them gently between finger and thumb until the insides oozed out, then planted these in 2 pots of gritty compost, and popped in my little poly grow house over winter just watering if they got too dry.

I've only gone and done it haven't I ...... Success!!
I've got about 5 little tiny Rowans growing.
I'm really chuffed to bits.

Hey! Brilliant Mups, well done
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Well done, trees can become like friends, a lovely feature for any garden.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 04:15 PM

Well done, Mups. Did you know that Rowan trees will keep you safe from witches and evil spirits? Plus the berries make lovely sauce to go with Chicken or Turkey - if the blackbirds don't harvest them all for you!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 04:20 PM

well done - perhaps we'll have to call you 'Miss Rowan the rowan grower' from now on - you must feel a little nearer to God perhaps??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
On my allotment we have a walnut tree

Two years ago I took all the walnuts of it there where loads((none last year)

For some reason that I cant understand but last year in my greenhouse in an unused pot something started growing... dug it up and its a walnut shell that had started to grow.

Left it to this year and transplanted to my allotment and its going great guns nearly a foot high.
Fantastic. I didn't even know they grew from the walnut.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:37 PM

A great heart warming story Mups. Just shows what you can do if you try. Well done yew..you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top