Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Waspi Ladies.

Im sure you will all be feeling good about this.

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:48 AM

Re: Waspi Ladies.

Wasn't it a government decision rather than a civil service one?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:50 AM

I think it's right that state pensions are equalised but it's easy for me to say that as I just missed being included in the new legislation.

It was the lack of forewarning that upset women...we all know it's right men and women have equal rights.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:46 AM

It is a logical step to increase pension age on the grounds that people are living longer today than they did in the past.

The gentleman mentioned in the OP will probably have the same age entitlement regarding state pension, so that is fair I suppose.

The pension (and lump sum) is, of course, his employment pension and this is different for all sorts of jobs. I, too, was able to retire at age 60, so I can't complain.

I can appreciate, though, that it is upsetting for most people when they read about people such as him who are paid so much more than the average, but that's life I suppose.

They don't complain about pop singers and footballers, though!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:50 AM

That's been doing the rounds for months

Yes my pension age has increased , fair enough, we wanted equality, we have got it

For me it's actually helpful as due to illness I've only got 20 qualifying years so far, but I've still 11 years to go so hope to get a few more years under my belt

Actually, even if I don't get full pension, it will still be more then I'm earning at the moment
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
That's been doing the rounds for months

Yes my pension age has increased , fair enough, we wanted equality, we have got it

For me it's actually helpful as due to illness I've only got 20 qualifying years so far, but I've still 11 years to go so hope to get a few more years under my belt

Actually, even if I don't get full pension, it will still be more then I'm earning at the moment
Oh, for a young girl like you another 11 years should be no problem.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, for a young girl like you another 11 years should be no problem.

Rotfl

Been a long time since I was called a young girl lol

Joking aside, I can't even see myself retiring tbh. I would be bored witless. Both of us only work pt, around 20 hours a week, more during busy times It suits us both. I think we would only get under each other's feet if we were home together more.

Where I work now we have two fellas come in a couple of days a week, one 65, the other 69, and they work just as hard alongside the 20 year olds

In my last job, the eldest cook is going to be 70 this year and she's still doing 3 days a week

Mum is 80 this year, up till two years ago she had her own shop she was in for 6 days a week. Now she does two days in a charity shop

I remember my grandparents generation. They did seem to die very shortly after retirement at 60 and 65. I know my nan and grandad were always ' old ' yet they died so young compared to today's life expectancy Come their retirements they were worn out after such hard lives

We don't have it hard any more. Sure we have tough times but not like previous generations. We have all mod cons making life easier on us.

So I can't see myself being ready to put the slippers on at 67 unless my health gets worse. I enjoy working outside the home and working with such young people keeps me young thinking

For me, pension age can stay far away, I don't want to be defined as a pensioner and I want to work for as long as I can

I remember when I worked for the NHS and you were forced to retire @ 60/65. I'm glad those days are gone
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-05-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Rotfl

Been a long time since I was called a young girl lol
Yes, I know. I'm full of compliments for nice people. I just can't help myself.
Mel15
Nowhere

22-05-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I know. I'm full of compliments for nice people. I just can't help myself.

Woo hoooo

Young and nice

I'll not get out the door with the head growing

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top