Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 10:19 PM

Re: Rain at last

Yes we're supposed to be hot again over the w/end.

Just been outside and the damp and mist is just hanging.
Awful. Gawd knows what the humidity levels are.

When the weather was glorious the humidity in the house was 30. Never been like that before while I've been here. It's usually 60/70, even 80 one time. At the moment it's 70 inside and it feels horrible.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 10:45 PM

We had a thunderstorm, my daughter in the next village phoned in a panic as water was about to breach her back door step and coming up in the downstairs loo! She watched her neighbours garden disappear in a flood.
It didn't go into her house thank goodness and moved on pretty quickly towards Bristol (sorry Mags).
The garden needed it but sadly too late for many plants.
I noticed farmers are feeding animals with hay as the fields are brown.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We had a thunderstorm, my daughter in the next village phoned in a panic as water was about to breach her back door step and coming up in the downstairs loo! She watched her neighbours garden disappear in a flood.
It didn't go into her house thank goodness and moved on pretty quickly towards Bristol (sorry Mags).
We were on our way home from the hospital when our storm started, I thought that was bad enough Tess but nowhere near as bad as your Daughter had . I hope she and her neighbours didn’t suffer with too much damage.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

Which makes me wonder if the hay will be much good this year Tess.
I guess they mostly made it and baled it before the drought, but they sure wouldn't have got a second cut of hay or silage this year.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:11 PM

Well, it seems that most of the country has had rain today.

The same here on the wrong side of the Pennines. It rained last night (both cats came in wet through) and it has been raining most of the day including a bit of lightning and thunder.

No more threats of hosepipe bans now, please.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, it seems that most of the country has had rain today.

The same here on the wrong side of the Pennines. It rained last night (both cats came in wet through) and it has been raining most of the day including a bit of lightning and thunder.

No more threats of hosepipe bans now, please.
JBR, We haven’t had any rain here at all yet. I desperately need it for my garden.

Can you do a rain dance for me!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:23 AM

There we are JBR, just to refresh your memory on how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi4mTKufky0

(Perhaps we should all do it)!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:26 AM

No storm, no rain here at all. It did cloud over last evening and even looked quite threatening at one point, but here I sit with my balcony door wide open looking out on a cloudless blue sky and warm sun.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:24 AM

It is sunny again today. I m thankful for the rain we have had in the last two days.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:29 AM

Hurrah - at last!

We had rain last night.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top