Join for free
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:47 AM

Not For NHS.

Denied to the NHS but she can wear one.

Theresa May was pictured today wearing a Freestyle Libre continuous glucose monitoring sensor, which she blocked NHS funding for 3 times saying it was not cost beneficial to include in the NHS budget, despite evidence showing a reduction in average blood sugars, a reduction in hypoglycaemic events and a reduced need for painful finger pricks as a result of minute by minute records of blood glucose patterns
More info here on the favourite newspaper of the right wing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-patients.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 01:31 AM

Re: Not For NHS.

According to reports it has been available on the NHS since November last year, depending on where you live and depending on the type and severity of diabetes. It's not available for all patients. I'm not sure why Theresa May would ever have been in a position to block funding.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 04:59 AM

Hi

A nasty piece of journalism.

We should not be targeting people because of a medical condition over which they have no control, it is like targeting those who are blind or deaf.

Decisions on clinic provision are made by the NHS, not the Prime Minister.

I have an intense dislike of Mrs May, but this is just plain wrong.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:40 AM

This was mentioned by my pharmacist a s while back, stating it was nearly as cost effective as the finger pricking devices.

But as expected, the GP was not interested, im sure they make nice backhanders from conditions like Diabetes.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We should not be targeting people because of a medical condition over which they have no control, it is like targeting those who are blind or deaf.

It's the Daily Mail, it must be true.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:24 AM

I think those patches are a great idea. I am borderline Diabetic and sometimes I can slip into being Diabetic, I'm tested every 6 months and if my levels are too high I have to go on a fruit/water fast for a week and that usually puts me back on the right side of the fence. But having one of the patches would be a boon to me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:27 PM

Some good info about diabetes in video format in that link.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will second that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top