Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:37 AM

Re: Rain at last

Things are getting bad for our Park wildlife on the pond, it's drying up more every day, the swans have hardly any depth to swim except in the middle. I went to see them yesterday and it looks pretty grim, the SSPCA are keeping an eye on things. The adult swans can fly off to the river but the babies can't fly yet, same for the baby ducks and couts. They may have to be moved manually, that'll be fun....not.
host image
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Things are getting bad for our Park wildlife on the pond, it's drying up more every day, the swans have hardly any depth to swim except in the middle. I went to see them yesterday and it looks pretty grim, the SSPCA are keeping an eye on things. The adult swans can fly off to the river but the babies can't fly yet, same for the baby ducks and couts. They may have to be moved manually, that'll be fun....not.
host image

Ummmmm - crispy duck - scrumptious!!!!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We were on our way home from the hospital when our storm started, I thought that was bad enough Tess but nowhere near as bad as your Daughter had . I hope she and her neighbours didn’t suffer with too much damage.
Very much localised then,we had a ten minute shower,on Thursday,all dried out again yesterday.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:03 AM

We had enough rain to cause a puddle or two yesterday but no chance of any more. According to the forecast, it will be a sunny 30°C around here tomorrow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, We haven’t had any rain here at all yet. I desperately need it for my garden.

Can you do a rain dance for me!
But you don't say where you are! Many others here don't either.

Of course, we shouldn't disclose our exact locations for obvious reasons, but perhaps we should all state which county we live in.

If I knew your approximate location, I could do a rain dance and direct the effects in the appropriate direction.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=Roxy;1461788]Things are getting bad for our Park wildlife on the pond, it's drying up more every day, the swans have hardly any depth to swim except in the middle. I went to see them yesterday and it looks pretty grim, the SSPCA are keeping an eye on things. The adult swans can fly off to the river but the babies can't fly yet, same for the baby ducks and couts. They may have to be moved manually, that'll be fun....not.

Poor birds Roxy. With only a puddle like that, the water will be get badly polluted in no time.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:43 PM

We didn't get any rain either, although it did look threatening just after Sunset.
Bright and Sunny now with temperature about 25 degress, Centipede that is not Fairy Light.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[/B]

Which makes me wonder if the hay will be much good this year Tess.
I guess they mostly made it and baled it before the drought, but they sure wouldn't have got a second cut of hay or silage this year.
I don't think they will Mups. The fields are so brown.
Daughter's garden was a bit messy but nothing serious thank heavens. Her neighbours was just mud, I'm not sure if they had plants in it but they don't now!
At least Bristol Pride have had a nice day today, I bet they have fun they usually do.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top