Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:21 AM

my computer

well I have managed to swap Files from Drive "C" to drive "F" now by removing other drives becomes drive "D"

However, yes there is always a but, i wondered why my monitor a dell U2312HM IPS monitor the picture did not fill the screen size.

Tried everything , and I do mean everything.

Found out that it is not only out of production BUT will only cover the full screen up to Windows 8.

Yes you guessed it I have windows 10 and it is not compatible, even tried running it in compatibility mode, no good won't work, or at least i could not get it to work.

So it looks as if it is a trip to the shops for the latest version
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 02:13 PM

Re: my computer

What a pain for you, I hate it when things like that happen.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Richard

I have been down to PC world and hard a very knowledgeable assistantexplained the problem and he straight away said it is the graphics card.
At the moment using a 1gb msi GTX560ti twin frozen graphic card bought in April 2012
It has been giving me "sprinkles" ( pixel dots on screen) quite often.

So ordered from PC world via internet an updated version A geforce GTX
1050ti graphics card which still has the DVI outlet I am using at the moment as well
That should come tomorrow so will have to wait and see. it has good reviews for what i want

Link
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...57450-pdt.html
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
well I have managed to swap Files from Drive "C" to drive "F" now by removing other drives becomes drive "D"

However, yes there is always a but, i wondered why my monitor a dell U2312HM IPS monitor the picture did not fill the screen size.

Tried everything , and I do mean everything.

Found out that it is not only out of production BUT will only cover the full screen up to Windows 8.

Yes you guessed it I have windows 10 and it is not compatible, even tried running it in compatibility mode, no good won't work, or at least i could not get it to work.

So it looks as if it is a trip to the shops for the latest version
O dear have got a headache.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have been down to PC world and hard a very knowledgeable assistant explained the problem and he straight away said it is the graphics card.
Really? Are you sure?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-07-2018, 12:58 PM

YIPPEE

He was right it was the graphics card. New one installed and now have a full screen
Not only that but no third party program to smooth out videos, now no juddering either.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 02:18 PM

Well done RS for solving it and risking PC World......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top