Join for free
Page 29 of 58 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: Seeing the International Space Station

I saw the first one yesterday, despite initially looking at the wrong bit of sky

Couldn't be bothered to unlock all the doors to see the later one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 08:00 AM

Managed to catch a glimpse of the Space Station last night around 10:37 pm as it darted between the gaps in the rapidly forming clouds. I only saw it for a few seconds but it was extremely bright, brighter than than I've seen it before.

Just two hours earlier there wasn't a cloud in sight and I was beginning to feel the excitement rising in anticipation, but unfortunately, as has been the case for the last couple of nights, the clouds began to bubble up and only the odd gap remained....

Strange how good it feels to catch sight of something happening in the sky....
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:06 AM

I saw it twice last night!

The second one at 00:15am was particularly impressive

Lovely clear warm evening and saw it right across the sky, the Moon and Mars looked impressive as well

Also saw the 00:17am crossing of the Milk Truck going down the front road, just as impressive.....I can confirm it was not being driven by Ernie...
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 12:43 PM

So tonight at 11:21pm there is a brilliant chance of seeing the Space Station for a full Six Minutes!

Go outside and cool off and face South, the Space Station will cross the sky from West to East, it will be a very bright steady light slowly crossing the sky, it should be obvious what it is.
Look up at an angle of about 60 or more degrees, that is where the horizon is zero degrees and overhead is 90 degrees....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I saw it twice last night!

The second one at 00:15am was particularly impressive

Lovely clear warm evening and saw it right across the sky, the Moon and Mars looked impressive as well

Also saw the 00:17am crossing of the Milk Truck going down the front road, just as impressive.....I can confirm it was not being driven by Ernie...
I thought he was too fast to be seen with the naked eye.

Just something that made me laugh the other day. I was reading up on Luna eclipses and spotted a question someone had asked; Can you see a Luna eclipse with your eyes?
DWebb
North East, UK

23-07-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought he was too fast to be seen with the naked eye.

Just something that made me laugh the other day. I was reading up on Luna eclipses and spotted a question someone had asked; Can you see a Luna eclipse with your eyes?
I forgot to mention you need special Infra Red Glasses tm which can be purchased from me for a special price of £99.99 to be able to see the Moon in this eclipsed state
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 07:13 PM

I forgot to mention you need special Infra Red Glasses tm which can be purchased from me for a special price of £99.99 to be able to see the Moon in this eclipsed state
Ok Colin.

Foxy will send you a cheque for all of us.
DWebb
North East, UK

23-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Ok Colin.

Five or more the price comes down to £99.95
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 07:41 PM

Five or more the price comes down to £99.95
Is that mates rates??? Seems a bit steep
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 10:04 PM

Ok Colin.

I'm just waiting for a windfall from a bloke in Ethiopia, I've never met him but from his e-mails he sounds like a right nice bloke, I sent him my bank details so he could deposit his fortune into my account and then he could leave the country and come here. As soon as it arrives I'll send the cheque....

Page 29 of 58 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top