Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:57 AM

My living-room clock

It isn't really 36º outside - that's just the sun shining on the outdoor sensor.

It tells the temperature in my living-room, my bedroom and outside. Also, it changes colour according to the temperature outside with 8 colours from a fiery red to an icy blue.

I like it because it has large, easy to read numbers; I have it sat underneath my TV. I've got a kind of rule - if it's green I don't need a heavy jacket outside; if it's dark blue I need a jacket. It has a rudimentary barometer built-in with humidity and will show if rain is likely or sunny all the way.

Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:11 PM

Re: My living-room clock

Ive been thinking of getting thermometers for the rooms in my home but also one for the garden.

Like yourself Ffosse I have to take care in the cold weather that I wrap up well to avoid bad chest problems which can seriously mess me up. I have before now gone dashing out after seeing bright sunshine on a winters day only to find after Ive been out a while how cold I am.

Glad I read your post as it never occurred to me to have sensors in rooms and outside rather than separate thermometers.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Re: My living-room clock

It's pretty useful to know the weather in your immediate vicinity. In the Winter, the indoor temp alerts me whether I need put on the heating or just a warm jumper.

Of course, many these days will use the apps on their smartphones, but they won't tell you the weather in your current surroundings.

If you do get one with an outdoor sensor it's best if you can find a spot in your garden or window sill where the sun won't shine on it. I don't have a garden so have to put the sensor on a window sill where the sun does catch it in the mornings.

I bought it from John Lewis, but it may be cheaper on Amazon.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top