Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:13 AM

Serenity

Have you achieved it?
I haven't and time is running out .
It must be lovely to have a serene peaceful life .
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:21 AM

Re: Serenity

Many things contribute to serenity and we all perceive what that is differently but I believe I have now reached that stage.

Acceptance of a lot of things that I would normally rage against has helped me get to where I am
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Sometimes I feel serene but it is a pretty rare thing.

Yesterday, after a long siesta, I got up at 7pm and felt really good, serene-like until I went back to bed at 2:30am. And I was doing nothing special, just posting on here, watching tennis etc.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have you achieved it?
I haven't and time is running out .
It must be lovely to have a serene peaceful life .

It could be round the corner for you,i dont believe it is never to late,you will get there in your own time,imo,..i have an inner peace inside of me now,..,..i believe i held on to a lot of emotional pain,which hindered my inner peace,..for some reason,it isn't there anymore, i have no idea how i let it go!....but the past is now "truely "!..past!....i dont think you can be serene 24/7.a very thought provoking thread,Muddy.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:36 AM

I don't think I have ever felt serene, unfortunately.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:00 AM

I find the wild, rugged, lonely beaches I frequent de stress me quite quickly, as I sit on the rocks and watch the waves. By the time I leave I'd say I was feeling serene...Or close to it.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:01 PM

I dont think serenity is possible for myself personally as I worry too much about things. Ive noticed recently that I have something hanging over me and its affecting me a lot about how I'm coping with things.

I think it would be nice to live in serenity with an untroubled mind.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:13 PM

More people need to learn how to meditate properly.
You can do it almost anywhere, it's free, and it calmes the heart beat and mind.

If I may quote something here:

"A good definition of worry
- ~Worry is a process of imagining the worst possible outcome or result or future in a particular situation, then creating a living, active image of it in front of the eye of your mind. Then using the energy this negative image to flow inside your consciousness until it completely overpowers or weakens your spiritual self. As a result, your physical self feels fear.

There is an extremely fine line between proactive preparation on the one hand, and worry on the other.
Preparing for the future is important and necessary, but very often while doing that, we enter the territory of worry, which leaves us feeling defeated and weakened.

Worry is a bit like a naughty child who is playing with something dangerous: if you take it away he will cry until he gets it back. A more effective method would be to offer him something else instead, a more inoffensive toy that would be of more interest and then they would leave the dangerous one alone".

End of sermon.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:23 PM

Humans are a bit like cats in how they behave, some cats just lie on the pavement, oblivious to other beings, making people step over them, others, at the first sight of folks etc, dash for the first hidey hole, it's just like us, the way were made.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:25 PM

I do believe I have achieved serenity. It is a lovely feeling , not having cares.
[the odd niggle here & there but absolutely nothing major]
I seem to just sail through life these days.
To quote "Rhett Butler"

Frankly my dear
I don"t give a damn.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top