Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Re: Happy Birthday Old GreyFox!

Happy Birthday Foxyloxy...
Hope you had a good day in the big old house and the cafe was open.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:51 PM

Thanks for your birthday wishes everyone, I wish I could buy you all a drink.....Perhaps one day.....
Thanks Judd, I know it was meant 'In the best possible taste'.....
Those kisses from Rhian and Morty have left me shaken but not stirred!...Thanks....
Sorry if I haven't got round to thanking everyone personally, but you are all appreciated.......

Omar, The Yorkshire Wolds contain some of the best scenery Yorkshire has to offer and there are several long distance paths through the area. Although I have only walked most of them in bite size chunks, if you ever fancy a taster, give me a call and we can do a few miles on some of my favourites...Here is a sample of today's outing.

Our first stop off was Sledmere House, we intended staying the day there and visiting the house and gardens. Unfortunately the house is not open on a Saturday, so I didn't fancy paying a tenner just for a stroll round the gardens. The cafe' was open though and supplied us with some excellent food before moving on......This is a much as we got see of Sledmere House...

We motored up to Scampston House, but that was also closed on a Saturday.....

Fortunately there is a woodland walk round the grounds, so we took the long path and encountered the amazing Spanish Sweet Chestnut tree....

I don't know what came over me......I just had to go and hug it....

We reached a lake full of Lilly Pads.....

And the little bridge over the waterfall.....No Trolls....

After the promised hunk of cake in the restaurant we set off for home and my favourite Fish Restaurant....Fantastic weather throughout, and the best birthday ever.....
Thanks again for all of your best wishes......
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:02 PM

One more happy birthday wish from across the pond, so the hug may be a little wet and sloppy. But, the water was divine!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	birthday glass.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	6505  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
One more happy birthday wish from across the pond, so the hug may be a little wet and sloppy. But, the water was divine!
Thanks Pam.......All hugs Gratefully received.....Here's one back.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:17 PM

Sp pleased you had such a good day Foxy, it looks lovely there.
You deserve it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:18 PM

No hugs here foxy, happy birthday none the less, still thinking about seeing Kilnsea, time permitting.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Pam.......All hugs Gratefully received.....Here's one back.....
Now, that's what I call a hug!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:10 PM

Goodness Foxy tree hugging too. It must have been a good Birthday.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 05:21 AM

Looks gorgeous, so glad you enjoyed your day.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Our first stop off was Sledmere House, we intended staying the day there and visiting the house and gardens. Unfortunately the house is not open on a Saturday, so I didn't fancy paying a tenner just for a stroll round the gardens. The cafe' was open though and supplied us with some excellent food before moving on......This is a much as we got see of Sledmere House...

I looked it up:

The simple but elegant facade

hides the simple but elegant garden

which offsets the opulent elegance inside

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sledmere_House

Sledmere House is a Grade I listed Georgian country house, containing Chippendale, Sheraton and French furnishings and many fine pictures, set within a park designed by Capability Brown. It is located in the village of Sledmere, between Driffield and Malton, in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The present house was begun in 1751, extended in the 1790s, and rebuilt after a fire in 1911. It was once the home of Sir Mark Sykes, noted English traveller and diplomatic advisor, and is now the home of Sir Tatton Sykes, 8th Baronet.
Nice .....

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top