Join for free
Page 100 of 276 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Yes, mine is every 3 weeks yet I can't think of a day when I had any extra energy at all. I'll be glad when all the chemo is over.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, mine is every 3 weeks yet I can't think of a day when I had any extra energy at all. I'll be glad when all the chemo is over.
Well I have chosen to continue with my chemo and have now had 11 cycles, but I’m sure I’ve not suffered like you Ffosse.

I must say though that the worst side effect is the lack of energy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:28 AM

I've just woken up with something going on: extreme fatigue, not good on my feet - a temperature of 38 or so. Last time this all went away without my having to go to hospital. I'm hoping it's the same thing.

I had to use every ounce of strength to get dressed, go down to the shop below and buy some milk & juice. And the headache feels like a hangover. I felt so well just yesterday afternoon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-06-2018, 09:23 AM

My temperature is now 39.4.

I phoned the hematology department and they want me in straight away - They're even going to use patient transport.

A temperature that high can only mean I have a fever or have caught some nasty bug. I do hope they sort it out quickly; wasn't anticipating this at all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 09:30 AM

My temperature is now 39.4.

I phoned the hematology department and they want me in straight away - They're even going to use patient transport.

A temperature that high can only mean I have a fever or have caught some nasty bug. I do hope they sort it out quickly; wasn't anticipating this at all.
Sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell Ffosse, you did the right thing by contacting the hospital. Try not to get too stressed out as you will be in the best place and they will look after you and find out what is wrong.

Wishing you well and back home again very soon...
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:07 AM

So sorry to hear you’re not well again Ffosse but you did the right thing in contacting the hospital, you can’t afford to take chances. Hope you’re soon well and home again.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-06-2018, 10:34 AM

I've been to Ward 2 Oncology before. Basically they give you a full MOT and try to find out what is amiss. I can expect to be there all day and probably overnight, too.

Got my bag packed - just the essentials, clothes, Phone charger, earphones and a can of cream soda from the shop below. I'ts remarkable how close this feels to a hangover, but my last drink was Friday tea-time so I'm not sure what's going on. Woke up with the sheets sticking to me with sweat.

It's not the air temperature, either. Basically I keep my house at a comfortable 18 or 19 degrees. This means I can just wear a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and feel comfortable.

Have started to feel slightly better but the fatigue and out of breath feeling is the same as when I'm outside walking. Yet I've done nothing. Perhaps I caught a bug from the broccoli and carrots I had with yesterday's Cornish Pasty. I'm at a complete loss as to what's wrong with me.

The ambulance people phoned, saying they're going to be a bit late - that's OK, the discomfort isn't too bad when I'm sitting down, it's when I try and get up and walk anywhere around the house I have problems, my co-ordination is off and I feel weak. Leaving my Monaco watch at home. It's never off my wrist except when I shower, but I don't want to take it in with me if I'm gone more than a day or two.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Ffosse they will be taking you in for a few days, if your temp is that high, because they will need to find the cause. If it is an infection (which is likely when you are having chemo) you will probably need antibiotic and maybe an intravenous drip if you are dehydrated. They can't send you home if you have one of those.
Just be happy that you are in the right place to deal with your high temperature!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-06-2018, 11:46 AM

It's down to 37.7. I'm not sure how it lowered that quickly. I'm in Ward 2 now and they're taking my vitals.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:56 AM

It's down to 37.7. I'm not sure how it lowered that quickly. I'm in Ward 2 now and they're taking my vitals.
Wow that has come down quickly, are you sure you read the reading correctly? I would expect that they will certainly keep you in overnight to monitor it.

Page 100 of 276 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top