Join for free
Page 12 of 57 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 03:20 PM

Re: Petulant Zionist Israel.

[QUOTE=Muddy;1062795]Israelites refers to people who lived in the land of Israel .
These were tribal people .
Various tribes inhabited various parts although most were normadic moving around the area
Jews were decendants from Judah the son of Jacob ( also known as Israel)
There has always been a Jewish presence in the area .

By your reckoning PD none of Palestine belongs to anyone .
Why then do the .' Palestinians ' not claim Syria , Jordan and Lebanon ?

Why do they only want the tiny bit that makes up the State of Israel?

Yes, Muddy and about 800/1000yrs before that the Israelites (then known as Hebrews) were kicked out of Egypt, more commonly known as the 'Exodus', and the twelve tribes carved up Canaan for themselves and thus formed the state of Israel as seen on the map.. as instructed by Moses from mount Sinai. The occupation was for about 200/250 yrs. The whole area which is today of Syria, Jordan , Lebanon and Israel. You almost certainly know that.

This is why I love the Old Testament. The history of the Jews is so interesting and desperate at times.

That in itself is not part of todays problems, I'm sure. Although, it has been said that Israel hope that the Jewish people will all eventually return to their homeland. to fulfil the prophecy.

As Kerry says, Israel can now have a two state solution or a one state, which will determine whether or not they have democracy or not. If I were them I would go for the two state as one state will be attributed to either Jews and Palestinians living under one law, which is not likely to be the democracy that Israel would wish and undoubtedly more than likely to be a problem until the next 'coming' ! It would never happen.

No one can argue, the Israeli's have not had a rough time, but when all hands have tried to find a conclusion to their problems from what seems like eternity, then something has to give, and Netanyahu should be thinking more about his people rather than causing more problems by stealing land belonging to others. Which he does !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=Puddle Duck;1062841]
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Israelites refers to people who lived in the land of Israel .
These were tribal people .
Various tribes inhabited various parts although most were normadic moving around the area
Jews were decendants from Judah the son of Jacob ( also known as Israel)
There has always been a Jewish presence in the area .

By your reckoning PD none of Palestine belongs to anyone .
Why then do the .' Palestinians ' not claim Syria , Jordan and Lebanon ?

Why do they only want the tiny bit that makes up the State of Israel?

Yes, Muddy and about 800/1000yrs before that the Israelites (then known as Hebrews) were kicked out of Egypt, more commonly known as the 'Exodus', and the twelve tribes carved up Canaan for themselves and thus formed the state of Israel as seen on the map.. as instructed by Moses from mount Sinai. The occupation was for about 200/250 yrs. The whole area which is today of Syria, Jordan , Lebanon and Israel. You almost certainly know that.

This is why I love the Old Testament. The history of the Jews is so interesting and desperate at times.

That in itself is not part of todays problems, I'm sure. Although, it has been said that Israel hope that the Jewish people will all eventually return to their homeland. to fulfil the prophecy.

As Kerry says, Israel can now have a two state solution or a one state, which will determine whether or not they have democracy or not. If I were them I would go for the two state as one state will be attributed to either Jews and Palestinians living under one law, which is not likely to be the democracy that Israel would wish and undoubtedly more than likely to be a problem until the next 'coming' ! It would never happen.

No one can argue, the Israeli's have not had a rough time, but when all hands have tried to find a conclusion to their problems from what seems like eternity, then something has to give, and Netanyahu should be thinking more about his people rather than causing more problems by stealing land belonging to others. Which he does !
I'd be interested to see his proposals for a 'two state solution' in the form of a map. I looked, but couldn't find one, presumably because nothing concrete has been decided yet.

Certainly, the 1947 suggestion was doomed to failure for the reasons I gave earlier: Israel being split quite clearly into three separate parts and effectively divided by the muslim lands of Palestine. Had this been allowed to continue, Israel would soon have been overcome. It is only the determination and superior organisation of forces of the Israelis that Israel became a more unified and easily defended land.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:33 PM

The most common suggestion for a 2 state border is the one that preceded the 1967, 6 day war.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:34 PM

Here is a present day map of Israel and Palestine.

The light shaded parts are the Gaza strip and the West Bank. both Palestinian lands and with the boundaries of the state of Israel but not connected.

Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:39 PM

They don't build hotels in Gaza because they are NOT IN GAZA.

Now what all this about profit ?
Aren't Jews allowed to make a profit ?
Just another little nasty dig .
How about killing babies to make their bread or is that to come later ?
Quote Mud:
This is one of Gazas 5* hotels
There are several of them

Now she tells us the hotels are not in Gaza.

Oh dear.

Anyone can make a profit. What dig? I doubt if anyone will ship stuff around the Med if it didn't make a profit.

But since the hotels at somewhere not in Israel or not in Gaza even tho they are, no one knows!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Here is a present day map of Israel and Palestine.

The light shaded parts are the Gaza strip and the West Bank. both Palestinian lands and with the boundaries of the state of Israel but not connected.

So is that what he is suggesting? No? Then what is?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

29-12-2016, 05:00 PM

If you watch the last approx. 15 mins of the video he lays it out in points. I don't think the boundaries will change, but certainly Israel will have to give up the occupation of the Palestinian territories.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:14 PM

Will they give them back to Jordan and Egypt then -the previous occupiers ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Quote Mud:
This is one of Gazas 5* hotels
There are several of them

Now she tells us the hotels are not in Gaza.

Oh dear.

Anyone can make a profit. What dig? I doubt if anyone will ship stuff around the Med if it didn't make a profit.

But since the hotels at somewhere not in Israel or not in Gaza even tho they are, no one knows!!
Never mind dear
Have a nice glass of vin blanc and tomorrow nip down to the French equivalent of Specsavers.
Mind how you go crossing the road.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 05:24 PM

Will they give them back to Jordan and Egypt then -the previous occupiers ?
I cannot imagine Israel giving in to those demands. It would weaken their strategic integrity and virtually divide the country into two. How about handing over a similar area of land in the south to the Palestinians?

Regardless of where the proposed boundaries are set, it will only be a matter of a few decades before the Palestinian-held areas become little more than unmanaged deserts and the Israeli-held areas to flourish. Such is the future of both cultures wherever they live.

Page 12 of 57 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top