Join for free
Page 13 of 57 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 05:32 PM

Re: Petulant Zionist Israel.

Many Palestinians especially those in the West Bank prefer to be under the governance of Israel.
None have emigrated to Gaza
Nor do they wish to be ruled by the Palestinian Authority which is notoriously corrupt .
As for Palestinian Christians they know what their fate will be .
( note there are practically none in the Gaza )

“When the Palestinian state comes into existence....the sacred union against the Zionist enemy will die. It will be time to settle accounts. We (Palestinian christians) will undergo the same as our Lebanese brothers or the Copts in Egypt. It saddens me to say so, but Israeli laws protect us."
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 06:27 PM

Is this what you were looking for JBR ?

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:20 PM

Puddle Duck
Prior to 1947 the area described above was part of the British Mandate.
Up to 1917 it had not be held by 'Palestinians ' but by the Ottoman Turks .
The Ottoman Empire had ruled there for 300 years prior to their defeat in WW1 ie 1917.

Like many you forget to include the rest of the area known as historical Palestine i.e. Syria Jordan and Lebanon .
I ask you again why are not the Palestinians claiming these as well ??

Maps showing this

http://www.shamrak.com/Masada2000-Hi...fPalestine.htm

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Puddle Duck
The Ottoman Empire had ruled there for 300 years prior to their defeat in WW1 ie 1917.

Like many you forget to include the rest of the area known as historical Palestine i.e. Syria Jordan and Lebanon .

Maps showing this

Probably because West Bank was Jordanian until the Arab -Israel war and Palestine is Jordan. In 1950 Jordan annexed the West Bank.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Is this what you were looking for JBR ?

No. That map is widely available and I have seen it before.

I'd like to see what they are proposing for the 'two states', hopefully not one of the options on this map.

Looking at the 1947 position, for example, I have already pointed out that the lands granted to Israel are actually three separated areas; hardly a viable independent country. Jerusalem is also shown as a Jewish area, but that reminds me of how West Berlin existed after the war: completely surrounded by enemy land.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 08:47 PM

Puddle Duck

Maps showing this

Exactly. The map you provided shows 'Palestine' as it was under British rule (although I think Syria might have been under French rule).

The point is well made, though, and your question: "why are not the Palestinians claiming Jordan and Lebanon" or, for that matter, why not Syria?

This goes back to my earlier assertion that muslim nations surround and greatly exceed the land area of Israel. Why?

Well, the reason as far as I'm concerned, is that the Palestinians are greedy; they want ALL of the middle east and don't want ANY of it to go to their traditional enemy, the Jews.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 08:50 PM

Probably because West Bank was Jordanian until the Arab -Israel war and Palestine is Jordan. In 1950 Jordan annexed the West Bank.
There you are. "Palestine is Jordan" and "In 1950 Jordan annexed the West Bank". Why is Jordan unacceptable to the Palestinians as a place to live?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 08:55 PM

Many Palestinians especially those in the West Bank prefer to be under the governance of Israel.
None have emigrated to Gaza
Nor do they wish to be ruled by the Palestinian Authority which is notoriously corrupt .
As for Palestinian Christians they know what their fate will be .
( note there are practically none in the Gaza )

“When the Palestinian state comes into existence....the sacred union against the Zionist enemy will die. It will be time to settle accounts. We (Palestinian christians) will undergo the same as our Lebanese brothers or the Copts in Egypt. It saddens me to say so, but Israeli laws protect us."
Another good point, which I have every reason to believe is true.

Basically, why can't the Palestinian Christians and even the other Palestinians who are happy to live in Israel continue to do so?

They are the sensible ones; the ones who realise that it is far better to live in a stable and well-run country which, given half a chance, could exist in peace.

Who with any sense would want to live in a place like Gaza, Syria or northern Iraq?

Israel is effectively a small island of civilisation set within a large sea of constant unrest and danger.

Who started this thread anyway?

Oh, I know!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

29-12-2016, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There you are. "Palestine is Jordan" and "In 1950 Jordan annexed the West Bank". Why is Jordan unacceptable to the Palestinians as a place to live?
I really don't know what you are talking about here. Neither do I know what you are meaning when you say Palestinians want all the land.

If you are saying that the Muslim nations greatly exceeds land around Israel , well it always did. Maybe Israel should never have been created there, but they were happy to accept that area at the time.

Palestinian Christians do live in Israel, as do Palestinian Jews, i.e. Jews happy to live in Palestine and Palestinians are only wanting Israel to stop building on the land that was given for their purpose when various treaties were agreed.

Israel took the Golan Heights (Syrian)
Israel took the Gaza strip (Egyptian)
Israel took the West Bank (Jordanian)
after all their wars

Seems to me that Israel have wanted their cake and eat it. However, Netanyahu is still not happy with that, he being Far Right, wants more and more.

You obviously still haven't watched the video. So I have no more to say apart from I hope the Israeli's thank this man at the end of the day, because he's not going to sign anything.

Today BBC

It is the shorthand for a final settlement that would see the creation of an independent state of Palestine within pre-1967 ceasefire lines in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, living peacefully alongside Israel.

The United Nations, the Arab League, the European Union, Russia and the United States routinely restate their commitment to the concept.

(n.b.)Following the speech, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas suggested he was ready to resume peace negotiations if Israel stopped activity within its settlements.

The chief Palestinian negotiator, Saeb Erekat, said President Abbas was "fully confident" that a "just, comprehensive, and lasting solution" could be reached.

"If the Israeli Government agrees to cease settlement activity, including in East Jerusalem, and to implement the agreements signed by the two sides, the Palestinian leadership will be willing to resume negotiations," he said.

On Friday, the US chose not to veto a UN Security Council resolution calling for an end to Israeli settlement construction, leading to an angry response from Israel.

The issue of Jewish settlements is one of the most contentious between Israel and the Palestinians, who see them as an obstacle to peace and the creation of a viable Palestinian state.

More than 500,000 Jews live in about 140 settlements built since Israel's 1967 occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The settlements are considered illegal under international law, though Israel disputes this.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I really don't know what you are talking about here. Neither do I know what you are meaning when you say Palestinians want all the land.
Well you said the words in inverted commas, so I assume you know what you yourself were talking about!

I believe that, given the chance, the Palestinians would like to rule the whole of what is now Israel. I can't prove that, of course, but why is Hamas continually trying it on with Israel?

Page 13 of 57 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top