Join for free
Page 21 of 57 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:31 PM

Re: Petulant Zionist Israel.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
A slightly different angle , but also very typical of the situation of Jewish settlements on Palestinian lands, where they are for the Jewish people only.

In Liverpool, there is a large Jewish community they have their own golf club etc.
A friend of mine , who had two young children , had lost her husband from a brain tumour after nursing him at home for two or more years had to move house to another home. She was only young , in her 30's.

The road she lived had houses that by this point were all owned by the Jewish community, apart from hers.
She sold her house to a friend of her next doors neighbour(who she thought was a friend of hers) and the day that poor girl was moving out of her home, the neighbours flew the Jewish flag.
That broke her heart ,for reasons I'm sure we could all understand , but in her eyes it did them no favours.

Unfortunately, Israel seem to be practising the same procedure in the middle east, e.g. "We'll take your land until we have it all " and I think that is what most people see the problem as ,particularly the Palestinians.
No different to muslim groups taking over inner city areas, then?

Oh, except that the muslims want to take over the country and make us all subject to sharia law.

Do the Jews parade through towns with placards telling the police to go to hell? Do they burn our flags and poppies? Do they take over high streets having communal prayer sessions?

No. Give me Jews any time. They are civilised people.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:48 PM

So JBR, do you feel threatened and think our country is being taken over ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:52 PM

So JBR, do you feel threatened and think our country is being taken over ?
Not quite yet, but what I do know is that there are some areas in which I dare not venture, even during the daytime, and that includes the street in Bradford where I was born.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 12:54 PM

People are people whether they are Jews, Muslims, Christians or atheists some good some bad, no one people's are all civilised all good or all bad. It's discrimination to say otherwise and explains why these debates will never go anywhere.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-12-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
People are people whether they are Jews, Muslims, Christians or atheists some good some bad, no one people's are all civilised all good or all bad. It's discrimination to say otherwise and explains why these debates will never go anywhere.
Yes. I know some muslims who are very nice people.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Unfortunately, Israel seem to be practising the same procedure in the middle east, e.g. "We'll take your land until we have it all " and I think that is what most people see the problem as ,particularly the Palestinians.
How many Jews live in Palestinian Gaza ?
None
The West Bank is legally classed as 'disputed 'territories ie it belongs to no one .
If it is given over to the Palestinians completely Jews will not be able to live there .
So it's ok to have an all Palestinian area but not all Jewish?
In fact Israel is multi faith and multicultural .
20% of the population of Israel are Arab Israelis
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Where are they supposed to go?
This is not the Oxford Union debating society
People are people some good some bad
However it can be denied that there is a major problem for Christians in the Middle East .
They have been driven out by radical Islam .
Christians in Iraq have left in their thousands and it's the same in most of the Middle East.
Many of the Christians have gone to Israel where they are not persecuted . Many of Jewish and Christian most holiest of sites are situated in the West Bank which -when it was was under Jordanian rule were restricted . Jews were not allowed visit these places.
Under Israeli rule people of all faiths have unrestricted access.
What will happen to the Palestinian Christians in a Palestinian state ?
Will they be driven out as they have been in The Gaza ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 02:00 PM

Where is it supposed to go ? No where but might be nice if we stopped generalising and perhaps if some could just stop a minute and listen to other points of view, I don't see any sign it's happened yet, nor will it as minds are so set they can't now back down.

I don't pretend to know all has gone on all I see is people on both sides trying to make peace now and instead of doing that all we are doing is going over historic things that if you really want peace have to be put in the past to try and find a peaceful settlement to it all now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 02:18 PM

A slightly different angle , but also very typical of the situation of Jewish settlements on Palestinian lands, where they are for the Jewish people only.
In Liverpool, there is a large Jewish community they have their own golf club etc.
A friend of mine , who had two young children , had lost her husband from a brain tumour after nursing him at home for two or more years had to move house to another home. She was only young , in her 30's.

The road she lived had houses that by this point were all owned by the Jewish community, apart from hers.
She sold her house to a friend of her next doors neighbour(who she thought was a friend of hers) and the day that poor girl was moving out of her home, the neighbours flew the Jewish flag.
That broke her heart ,for reasons I'm sure we could all understand , but in her eyes it did them no favours.

Strange analogy. If that's your criteria .... many many people fit the bill.

Take the inner cities with Muslims.
They do it.
A few move in and because they have the value of properties tumbles. It paves the way for more. They rarely integrate, they drive out the original 'settlers'.
Then certain areas like Tower Hamlets become 'no go' areas, primarily because the culture, the people and the mosques tend to isolate it from the neighbouring communities. Even 'Sharia Patrols' .. illegal I might add, had to be stamped on.

Does this mean these Muslims are 'taking over' the UK? Should the British be concerned, alarmed, see them as subversive infiltrators or occupiers?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2016, 02:31 PM

I think the confusion (dare I call it heated discord) is arising because it isn't straightforward.

It's not as simple as Israeli's and Palestinians ... nor is referring back to the ancient past and old maps and tribes. Time has moved on, but the constant wars in that area haven't.
Imagine the landgrab that would have resulted if Putin hadn't propped up Assad and he'd fallen. Putin actually deserves a medal for achieving that stability, albeit a precarious one. He's a born strategist.

So there is also the current and ongoing warfare and inherent hostility between Middle Eastern neighbouring countries to factor in .. along with their own allegiances.
No one can dispute that Israel are in a godawful position, surrounded as they are.
Some might say Israel are belligerent ... but pretty much all of their neighbours are too and all feel equally 'right'

I often wonder whether WW3 will start in the Middle East. It might well be started by Israel .. an Israel that feels threatened to defend itself and an Israel that will refuse to meekly suffer another Holocaust and prefer to take it's enemies with it.

Page 21 of 57 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top