Join for free
Page 9 of 57 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 10:41 PM

Re: Petulant Zionist Israel.

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Are you serious ?
The boot is on the other foot. Have you not heard of 'the occupied territories', the 'Israeli occupation' etc etc ?

Every genuine international tribunal since 1948 agrees that Israel continued to gobble up territory far beyond that which it was given (by those whose land it was not theirs to give).

How many Palestinian settlements have you heard of being built in Israel ?
So why does Gaza (a self-governing Palestinian territory) keep attacking Israel?
Perhaps we should also consider the fact that not only Israel, but also Egypt, maintains closed borders with Gaza. I wonder why!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 10:48 PM

Rawabi new futuristic Palestinian city .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31154138

http://m.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conf...RCREZENUM4Qzk=
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 11:17 PM

Here is John Kerry's full speech of today. If you can be bothered to try to understand, the first half hour and parts of, is very informative on the Israel-Palestinian problem. He spells the whole lot out from both sides of the fence.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...ian-peace.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 11:43 PM

Kerry has had eight years to bring about some sort of peace settlement .
He has not been able to do it.
So for all his talk there is no result .
He has not brought Hamas or Abbas to the table .
They will not come to the table without preconditions and as everyone knows when they get the preconditions they always renege .
Because they have absolutely no intention of making peace.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2016, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Kerry has had eight years to bring about some sort of peace settlement .
He has not been able to do it.
So for all his talk there is no result .
He has not brought Hamas or Abbas to the table .
They will not come to the table without preconditions and as everyone knows when they get the preconditions they always renege .
Because they have absolutely no intention of making peace.
Exactly. I'm afraid that it is a characteristic of their culture to always argue and fight with others, or even themselves. That is what they have been doing for many centuries and it is what they will continue to do for many centuries yet to come.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Not really. Ancient myths and legends are hardly relevant.

But the League of Nations and the so-called 'British Mandate' most certainly had no moral right to ignore those who had been there for 1000+ years.
But it is embedded in the psyche of the Israeli nation, therefore it must be relevant.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:51 AM

Did you watch it all Muddy ? I think maybe you have not, by your comments..

He states at the end that it is not up to the USA to actually bring about the peace process, all they can do is put forward possible solutions and encourage. Basically , the process has to be dealt with by those in question with support for the future once the agreement is signed sealed and delivered. (words to that effect )

Lord, I so hope something can be achieved, at least he's put all the proposals on the table for the world to see. If the parties concerned cannot go forward, then I doubt there will be any peaceful solution, ever.

So sad ,when they could all be enjoying a relaxed life without the threat of trouble always hanging over them.

John Kerry quotes Shimon Peres a few months before he died, quote " the original Mandate gave the Palestinians
48 % now it's down to 22% I think 78% is enough for us." i.e. (Israel)
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

29-12-2016, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly. I'm afraid that it is a characteristic of their culture to always argue and fight with others, or even themselves. That is what they have been doing for many centuries and it is what they will continue to do for many centuries yet to come.
JBR you haven't even watched the speech and it would seem you don't know what the situation is about, when I saw one of your earlier comments.. I have to laugh.. no offence !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
JBR you haven't even watched the speech and it would seem you don't know what the situation is about, when I saw one of your earlier comments.. I have to laugh.. no offence !
I agree. I haven't watched the speech; I have better things to do.

I don't take offence from you or most people on here, so no worries. I'd be grateful, though, if you could point me to my earlier comment and let me know what you found amusing about it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

29-12-2016, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry, PD, but I couldn't possibly plough through all of that.

May I ask you a couple of simple questions, though?

- Why do the occupants particularly want to expand into Israel?
- Wouldn't they be better advised to expand in the opposite direction into Egypt, a fellow muslim nation?
This one !

Reason ? Because it is Israel that are expanding in to Palestine territory, and as said in previous post, where Palestinians were originally given 48% of their OWN land in the Mandate, they now have only 22%. Reason ? Because l Israel continues to build settlements and expand into Palestinian territory and land.

Now because USA have not given a veto to Israel because what they do is actually illegal, and USA plus others no longer think they should be taking anymore land to build settlements, Mr Netanyahu has got nasty. Simple as that.

You understand ??

Page 9 of 57 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top