Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2015, 01:49 PM

Re: Could you all across the pond show me pics of your kitchens?

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Linda, remember that ordinary people in the UK were more directly affected by the war. Although I was born after it, I still remember rationing, bomb sites and gun emplacements round the coast (there are still plenty of them on the beaches near me). It was a while before material goods became available and affordable and we had a lot of catching up to do. But, we survived.
Gotta do what ya gotta do, I agree.

I remember the stories my mother told me about growing up in the great depression. That couldn't have been easy. I don't think something quite that drastic would ever happen here again, but with the way our country is spiraling out of control (thanks to our big, bold leader who's ruining this country more than he's helping it) it wouldn't surprise me if we came close. I honestly fear for my son's future, if things keep going the way they're going.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top