Join for free
Page 45 of 55 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 05:24 PM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Perhaps it's time to turn this into the irony of it all humour thread ....

I see today that thousands are demonstrating in London.. against the Brexit vote.
Says one protester ..
'We can prevent Brexit by refusing to accept the referendum as the final say and take our finger off the self-destruct button.

Bunch of twits. Protesting against Democracy.
Aye, with rent a gob `Sir` Bob Geldoff at the helm. I saw one placard stating that only 38% of the population voted so the referendum should be declared void. Only 38%? Who's bloody fault is that if some can't be arsed to vote? Someone should tell them that 52% of that 38% voted leave and stick by the democratic decision of the majority.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 05:28 PM

72% voted http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Hi

I have a very simple view of things, if you didn't vote, it is your problem not mine.

A vote was held, a decision made, we stick with it and get on with the job.

There is a lot to do and a divided nation is only going to make it worse.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Well said swimmy. This divisiveness is getting us nowhere.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a very simple view of things, if you didn't vote, it is your problem not mine.
I didn't vote. I have no problem with that as I left it to those who was sure in their own minds what was best for the country.

A vote was held, a decision made, we stick with it and get on with the job.

There is a lot to do and a divided nation is only going to make it worse.
True. Whose butt do you want me to kick?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aye, with rent a gob `Sir` Bob Geldoff at the helm. I saw one placard stating that only 38% of the population voted so the referendum should be declared void. Only 38%? Who's bloody fault is that if some can't be arsed to vote? Someone should tell them that 52% of that 38% voted leave and stick by the democratic decision of the majority.
Stick with it .... say I .. * cough cough*, it's dusty behind here.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I didn't vote. I have no problem with that as I left it to those who was sure in their own minds what was best for the country.
Respect, Morty. I was hesitant about voting as I didn't feel qualified to make a fully informed decision. I did vote in the end, but I still had some reservations, made more complicated by the fact that I no longer live in the UK.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

02-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Orangutan ..funny thing is ..or sad thing .. I was 100% sure at the start and then got thoroughly confused. I ended up nervous about voting the wrong way.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

02-07-2016, 07:32 PM

That's why you deserve respect, Morty. For having enough of a social conscience to opt for not using your vote if you weren't sure of your decision.I sometimes think I should have done the same, although it wouldn't have made any difference.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 07:37 PM

Hi

Whose butt do I want you to kick Morti?

Our Politicians.

Why?

Well I will probably be accused of being negative again but here goes.

The following is the best explanation of the mess they have got us into.

It is from the Telegraph, so most definitely not a Leftie whinge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ven---or-hell/

There is a phenomenal amount to do in a very sort time.

Civil Servants need very clear direction on what to work on, they are not getting it.

Page 45 of 55 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top