Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:07 PM

Re: What are forums for?

Every opinion deserves respect...it's usually the poster I have a problem with.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:25 PM

Ah ... when I was a soppy hormonal teenager I used to pin posters to my bedroom wall.
Not the same kind I know but I was just sent off on a sentimental trip down memory lane.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah ... when I was a soppy hormonal teenager I used to pin posters to my bedroom wall.
Not the same kind I know but I was just sent off on a sentimental trip down memory lane.

There are one or two posters I would like to pin to the flippin' wall alright, Mort.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:35 PM

Yeh, lovely thought innit sometimes ... with a handful of darts to throw at them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Yeh, lovely thought innit sometimes ... with a handful of darts to throw at them.

Ah, great mind think alike Mort.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-04-2017, 11:49 PM

I've got some gold hot pants just like that Nom . . . . Only difference is, I can't get into mine any more.

Probably give my neighbour heart attack anyway.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:59 PM

I've got an old parachute you can have
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-04-2017, 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=Tpin;1138511]I've got an old parachute you can have[/QUOTE

That is too kind, but I couldn't possibly rob you of your new underpants, just to cut up for myself.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not really that ludicrous depending on your perspective of life. In reality we are all of us the same thing. All just forms of the same giant Lego set. Would you assign "personage" or identity to individual bricks in a Lego set? What would be the point.

We are all made from the same universal building blocks, the same singular source of life. We are in effect all one. What people think of as God is really that singular life source.

God is us, and we are (collectively) God

The view we have been given of "God" by naughty groups of Lego bricks is a lie, deliberately crafted to make us behave in certain ways. Truth is, we are all one, all a part of the single cosmic life source, life energy, the primary material. Every living thing is part of that Oneness. To hurt each other is to hurt ourselves, stupid and pointless.
With all due respect Realist, I was with you up until this post.......

We may all be made of the same substances [as with Lego Bricks] and we are all born equal [barring some abnormalities in the blueprint or DNA if you like] but this is where the likeness ends. As soon as we open our eyes, ears, mouth, and nose, and become sensitive to the world around we are developing in our own individual way. We are totally separate from any other living thing.

The only exception to this is something that I can't explain........Love!
Why are we attracted to some people and repel others.....
There appears to be some kind of invisible force that direct us, perhaps it picks up similar forces in other people and subconsciously processes it......But that's for another Topic...
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 10:41 AM

I love coming on this forum, where I can get to listen to other peoples thoughts on what is going on in the world today be it political or just plain silly stuff.

Usual most days I get a laugh from something that has been put on here, it gives me an insight to others lives as well.

I don't see anyone during the day as I work alone, I see hubby for two hours in the evening before he goes to work so this is some light relief for me.

I don't always join in that is not to say I don't agree or disagree with things that are being said. Usually someone has said it before me so I don't see any reason for putting the same thing on twice.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top