Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:16 PM

Re: What are forums for?

It has "Capabilities".
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Forums may be for considering "What If", what if for example, MKJ and Realist were one and the same person, nah, that is just ludicrous.
Not really that ludicrous depending on your perspective of life. In reality we are all of us the same thing. All just forms of the same giant Lego set. Would you assign "personage" or identity to individual bricks in a Lego set? What would be the point.

We are all made from the same universal building blocks, the same singular source of life. We are in effect all one. What people think of as God is really that singular life source.

God is us, and we are (collectively) God

The view we have been given of "God" by naughty groups of Lego bricks is a lie, deliberately crafted to make us behave in certain ways. Truth is, we are all one, all a part of the single cosmic life source, life energy, the primary material. Every living thing is part of that Oneness. To hurt each other is to hurt ourselves, stupid and pointless.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:24 PM

A forum where everyone's opinions were the same would be a very boring place......But good manners and respect are essential.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I find it odd that people on an over 50s forum should display perfect decorum at all times. Surely that would drive us all nuts? Sorry, but as Mups mentioned my brain is in constant overdrive and has been all my life - well most of it anyway. Why should it suddenly stop now? I would be a different person entirely if that happened.

One more thing is I find myself entertaining - probably far more you than you lot do. I relish in my absurdities - my slight prodding (I used to goad). I am fun to me. The big question I need to ask - and I do believe me - is whether others do too? I'm constantly monitoring this. I get the feeling some do and some don't. But I'm adaptable and will change to suit (if I see the need that is ).

Bah. Stimulation comes in many forms. I am one such form - as are we all.

Right - that is enough wisdom for the day. Given out freely once again I might add .
There's far too much "I" in all of that. Once you realise that YOU don't matter at all, that YOU is of no consequence at all, then your viewpoints will change. Forget you, you don't matter.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:26 PM

It is all the same, but why do some folks try to spot other Celeb folks, and some folks try to spot Neutrinos?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There's far too much "I" in all of that. Once you realise that YOU don't matter at all, that YOU is of no consequence at all, then your viewpoints will change. Forget you, you don't matter.
But you do? Is that some sort of bogus logic you are spouting there that has backfired on you? So none of us matter? You are in danger of depressing the hell out of everyone on this forum. Shame on you .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is all the same, but why do some folks try to spot other Celeb folks, and some folks try to spot Neutrinos?
You are the most wise of us all for sure .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A forum where everyone's opinions were the same would be a very boring place......But good manners and respect are essential.....
I do try at times. It is an acquired skill and one I have nearly got a handle on .

I should take a leaf out of your book. Just a leaf mind as I want to keep my own individuality .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Sorry, missed this question ...

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
You can die too.......so what's the point of any friendship online or not ?
Have you considered you may just be over thinking things ?
Yes, but I always do. It is my party piece .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:04 PM

IMO a forum is for the exchange of ideas, opinions and knowledge. If everyone had the same views we would never learn anything new. This forum is very well moderated and compared with others is very polite. Maybe because of the politeness people take any disagreements far more personally. I notice a lot of people join and read the forum but only comparatively few join in, which is a shame because everyone agreeing with each other doesn't promote creativity, although it says a lot about human behaviour.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top