Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
kingfisher
New Member!
Canada
kingfisher is male 

12-01-2016, 07:52 PM

Re: Black Pudding

Best black puddings in the UK are Chadwicks on Bury market stall has been there for years.When we visit England we always go to Bury Market for a Black Pudding walk about the market eating it lots of mustard on it.When we was there in 2014 we bought six to take back home with us.When we got to the airport in Toronto the customs took them off us.bet they sat down to their tea eating my Black puddings and laughing at us.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 08:18 PM

There are many claims but Bury do do the best black pudding. Always think that once they start messing with the recipe and the original shape, it loses something.

A chunk of black pud smeared with old English mustard is hard to beat. Simple working mans no nonsense fare.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 09:57 PM

Do you know solo, I must be odd then, because I couldn't eat black pudding if you paid me.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent poem Malcolm, credit where credit's due lad. I noticed nobody else has commented on it. I don't suppose the southerners can understand it. They should learn to speak proper English like wot we up north do.
Aye OOp lad, think on.
We Southerners speak proper English . We roll our A"s unlike youse folk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you know solo, I must be odd then, because I couldn't eat black pudding if you paid me.
Me neither Mups, just the look of it turns my stomach...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Me neither Mups, just the look of it turns my stomach...

Same here Mags.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 01:02 AM

Try adding around a two inch piece of black pudding to stews - it dissolves and makes the gravy taste better as well as having a thickening effect. The ones without too much pork fat in them work best.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Try adding around a two inch piece of black pudding to stews - it dissolves and makes the gravy taste better as well as having a thickening effect. The ones without too much pork fat in them work best.

I do this with a chorizo sausage - the peppers in it make it spicy and as you say, it thickens the gravy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 08:58 AM

Hi

I make my own black pudding, secret ingredient, a tot of whisky.

I tend to have mine with apple sauce, rather than mustard.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I make my own black pudding, secret ingredient, a tot of whisky.

I tend to have mine with apple sauce, rather than mustard.

How do you get the black pudding into the whisky tumbler???

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top