Join for free
Page 264 of 1676 « First < 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 764 1264 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:25 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So did Windy Miller.
yes and archer croft too!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Does anyone remember the TV Detector Vans? they are as controversial as the Moon Landings, I guess the operators of these will take the secret to the grave.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 08:10 AM

grave diggers heh?? I bought my grandson a detector van for Xmas last year - instead of going beep beep beep - it went creep creep creep!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 08:20 AM

We were the first in our road to have a colour TV, but the old man only ever paid for a monochrome licence, when I asked what would happen if the "Detector Man" knocked the door, he said he would claim, the only programme we watched was the Black and White Minstrel Show.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-07-2017, 08:29 AM

We did buy a Colour Licence eventually, he said it was better Oscil-late, than never.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:31 PM

I remember those vans Spitty, the fella who operated the one in our area was telling me in the pub years later that they never actually worked, it was just a deterrent, the sight of the round aerial on the van with no windows was enough to have the locals running off to the post office to buy a licence, but the clever folks used to have a blanket ready to throw over the TV set to smother the signal and avoid detection.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:42 PM

I think everyone has an unusual character in their families
My great uncle Davy, God be good to him wasn’t lustful in the least, but he was tall slim and handsome, and as I said before he was happily married to a native American woman from the Pawnee tribe, not to be confused with a lady who takes her valuables to a hock shop, that’s a different kind of pawnee, the maidens of this tribe don’t let you put your paw on their knee until after your married to them.
He was very useful at twisting his body into shapes, this resulted in him being the best dancer north of the Mississippi, had Michael Jackson been around then he would be put to shame. It also meant that there wasn’t a jail that he couldn’t wriggle out of so the local sheriff never bothered locking him up when he got drunk on Saturday nights and started fighting.
Whatever strange way his bones were arranged he could reverse his head and feet, he would perform this special trick for a bar audience anytime he was low on cash, it was so comical to watch him walking the full length of the bar, pint in hand, with his arse in front of him and his feet behind him, it had them all in stitches, P.T. Barnum wanted him to travel the world in his circus billed as the ‘Incredible Rubber Man” but Davy loved his woman too much to leave her at home, all through our family tree the McJem clan have been a faithful lot, you can add generosity, bravery, chivalry, and a host more fine qualities I could go on and on, but modesty prevents me.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2017, 01:49 AM

I once got one of our horses to fart in a plastic bag and posted it to my mate who lives in That London,because he'd been yapping on about "Smells of the countryside" [although to this day he's never been east of Romford]

[Just thought I'd mention it]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-07-2017, 07:18 AM

I have invented a way to cut the price of manufacturing a Barrel in half, I can't wait to Roll it Out.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-07-2017, 07:48 PM

Horse farts in bags, half barrels, what next I wonder.
I wonder what happens to a fart in a space station? it would take months to dissolve in such confined quarters, God those astronauts must have very strong stomachs.

I have a tiny annoying gripe to grip with today.
Holes in plastic bags. Alright I agree they were necessary to prevent children suffocating when they first came out to replace paper bags, but now even the tiniest bags have holes in them. I get stuff from China in the post regularly and today for example I got a special glue that will conduct electricity, you know when you join two wires together and the wires are so fine and delicate that they break easily when trying to solder them with lead solder, well this glue makes a great bond and no soldering is needed. The tiny tube of glue was in a plastic bag and there were holes in the bag, what the hell for? I was going to use the bag to keep the glue airtight to provent it hardening up, instead I had to use a resealable bag I had. My point is simple, who or what is going to try to get it’s head into a two by two inch plastic bag?, you couldn’t smother a fly in one for Gods sake, it’s like everything else about health and safety, they go way overboard with everything.

Page 264 of 1676 « First < 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 764 1264 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top