Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 04:49 PM

Re: Those killjoy alcohol rules are just plain WRONG!

Originally Posted by May ->
If Folks want to drink Themselves into oblivion..that's Their CHOICE...some eejit MO telling Them not to isn't going to change Their habits one bit IMO.
I think the ones who want to drink themselves to oblivion are well in the minority May. Most people DO drink responsibly, but if the new guidelines are to be believed then one shouldn't be drinking ANY alcohol at all.

As per newspaper article, I don't buy that one one little bit!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 05:01 PM

I am 78 years old. According to those new guidelines I should have been dead some time ago.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Alcohol has a direct adverse effect on your Liver, Pancreas, Kidneys and Heart.....major organs that we should be trying hard to protect.
The guidelines are just that guidelines !
They are not instructions, everyone is different in their tolerance to alcohol so GENERAL guidance is required in order to make everyone aware that even small amounts when consumed daily can cause damage to your major organs.
Of course it is up to the individual to decide for him/herself as long as we remember that everything we take into our bodies has an effect on us.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 08:11 PM

I believe in the Mediterranean way of life which includes lots of wine.
It hasn't done them any harm!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 08:52 PM

These ‘experts’ give me a pain in the backside, they got the smokers now it’s the drinkers turn, it was bound to happen. New threats on how you are slowly killing yourself just because you take a few drinks for relaxation in this hectic world. Anyone as old as me knows passive smoking never harmed anyone, I would be long dead ago and so would my children if it were so and millions more like us, but this is not about smoking or drinking, it’s all about control, total control over populations.
My Dad took a few pints every day of his life and he was 94 when he died, the hospital death bug got him in the end when he had to go in for treatment to his leg after he slipped on an icy pavement. Some folks just hate to see others having a good time with their own lives and living as they choose to live themselves, not as others tell them, whatever happened to minding your own business? Drink up you folks who enjoy a tipple and enjoy yourselves, don’t let them grind you down, God knows you’ll be dead long enough.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 08:54 PM

Cheers to that Jem!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 09:15 PM

Well said Jem, the voice of reason.
That reminds me, I've got a bottle of Harveys in the cupboard....Cheers everyone!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Anyone as old as me knows passive smoking never harmed anyone, I would be long dead ago and so would my children if it were so and millions more like us
Millions are dead as the result of passive smoking, just because you and I aren't, that doesn't mean thousands of others weren't affected.

Second-hand smoke caused an estimated 11,000 or more deaths in the UK each year, thankfully figures are dropping due to the smoking ban.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Millions are dead as the result of passive smoking, just because you and I aren't, that doesn't mean thousands of others weren't affected.

Second-hand smoke caused an estimated 11,000 or more deaths in the UK each year, thankfully figures are dropping due to the smoking ban.
Who counted them all Pats?
And how could they be sure it was the second hand smoke that killed them?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Who counted them all Pats?
And how could they be sure it was the second hand smoke that killed them?
Case studies are collated all the time and statistics obtained.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top