Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

10-09-2013, 04:12 AM

Re: Pot

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Because of chronic back pain I have both high dose Tramadol and Endone. Even hospitals give Tramadol away like lollies and I get 3 repeats but Endone can only be issued at 20 tablets at a time unless there is authorisation from Medicare for repeat prescriptions.

According to a program I heard on the radio the Endone tablets sell for up to $50 each on the black market (can't verify that from personal experience)
You are right about Endone but only the big ones,it works out at $1 a gram,i used to get people asking me for my pills (5mg)only tiny but took the edge off my spinal pain,and not obvious druggies,i'm talking well heeled "gentlemen",they all get the same answer from me,piss off and see your doctor,I had a mammoth 4 year battle to get pain relief,Tramadol did nothing for me,even the injections did "jack",but its better than being curled up on a bed all day cussing the world!

Billy
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Well, I don't know about anybody else but I've picked up a fair few good tips on this thread
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Well considering this forum is for the over 50 set... there are bound to be a few old stoners hanging around still alive..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Well considering this forum is for the over 50 set... there are bound to be a few old stoners hanging around still alive..
You bet there are Audrey, and they aint sayin nothin.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

10-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You bet there are Audrey, and they aint sayin nothin.
Ha ha,would you like a few photos,personal from 10 years ago?

Billy
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 03:07 PM

Yes well, I smoked mj regularly many years ago and enjoy the odd puff now and again still, never ever caused me any problems and never tempted me to try anything stronger, i think it should be legalised ... tobacco smokers, alcohol users... and junk food eaters all contribute to their health care thru' taxes so why not pot smokers and other drug users , there wouldn't be any more 'black market' deals than there are now now with other legal substances imo, it wouldn't be worth the risk for the seller if it was legally available to purchase anyway... and moderation...as always is the key... I don't agree with making things illegal just because a minority of users choose to overindulge or else why not ban alcohol ? ..... we know that peanut butter /raspberry cordial'/excess sugar and other foods are lethal for some folk but they're not banned ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Good points Maggis .....
I felt the same - have to say, cant decide about it .....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 03:59 PM

I think that the reason people fear Pot is because it has such a stigma.. waxing back to the hippie days, and before that the beatniks and hipsters.. conjuring up images of smoke filled opium dens I guess. And passing round joints.. pipes.. and then of course dirty needles. When in reality, it's not that way... and a sloppy puking drunk is much more distasteful than any happy mellow pot smoker.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 03:59 PM

I think we also have to admit banning has not worked anyway, so we have to embrace another way of dealing with it. Personally I would like to think my nephew was getting clean stuff, regulated strength from a reputable source because he is doing it and banning it has not stopped him.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top