Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 02:21 PM

Pot

Someone mentioned in the Arial Castro thread that prisons are bursting at the seams. They are in the States for sure, as we have the highest incarceration rate per capita in the world. Many of our prisoners are doing hard time for posession of cannabis. There have been several states here that have decriminalized Pot. Colorado has allowed the recreational use of Pot. What do you think? Should Pot be legal, regulated and Taxed?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Re: Pot

Legal for medicinal use and on prescription only.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 02:58 PM

Legal but restricted, like tobacco is today, I think many good and otherwise honest decent citizens get banged up and their characters destroyed over the use of a drug that is said to be less harmful to health then tobacco. The hard drugs should always be illegal and with the police not having to chase the pot takers they would have more time to go after the hard drug barons, the fact that is legal in some places and illegal in others just proves there needs to be some compromise found, that's my view anyway.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Someone mentioned in the Arial Castro thread that prisons are bursting at the seams. They are in the States for sure, as we have the highest incarceration rate per capita in the world. Many of our prisoners are doing hard time for posession of cannabis. There have been several states here that have decriminalized Pot. Colorado has allowed the recreational use of Pot. What do you think? Should Pot be legal, regulated and Taxed?
No! It would be the thin edge of the wedge.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Agree with Jem - 'pot' should be legalised now - if they had done that years ago, the 'harder' drugs may not have come into play on such a large scale - I say 'may not' ....
Its not done any harm to the countless musicians - rock stars that take it .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 03:51 PM

By 'Pot' are we meaning Cannabis? The stuff that causes paranoia and other related mental health issues? Why on earth would anyone want to legalise that?

Come to think of it - other than medicinal usage - why do people take drugs? Is life really so horrid that it cannot be faced without a daily fix of something toxic?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 03:53 PM

Not sure about that Tabby - but then I've never taken the stuff ....
There are so many that do and they are musical geniuses, thats why I'm not so sure ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 03:57 PM

We control other drugs like alcohol and tobacco it always seems strange to me we are so down on other drugs. If people are adults then they have to make their own decisions about whether they want to take them. Or we have to ban everything. It is hypocritical to allow some and not others.

I really think it's safer than some of the legal highs kids go for these days that are untested and can be lethal.

One proviso is it should be clean and some warning given with each purchase.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-09-2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We control other drugs like alcohol and tobacco it always seems strange to me we are so down on other drugs. If people are adults then they have to make their own decisions about whether they want to take them. Or we have to ban everything. It is hypocritical to allow some and not others.

I really think it's safer than some of the legal highs kids go for these days that are untested and can be lethal.

One proviso is it should be clean and some warning given with each purchase.
Agree with that logic gal .....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
By 'Pot' are we meaning Cannabis? The stuff that causes paranoia and other related mental health issues? Why on earth would anyone want to legalise that?

Come to think of it - other than medicinal usage - why do people take drugs? Is life really so horrid that it cannot be faced without a daily fix of something toxic?
I agree there can see no reason whatsoever to legalise drugs, pot smokers have killed many on the roads too,
And how would you like to have a pilot of the aircraft you are flying in on pot, the driver of a taxi or bus smoking pot, or a surgeon who is about to operate on you, simply doesn't make any sense at to legalise

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top