Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 12:00 AM

Muslim Child Brides,Sydney Australia

So you move to a new sunny country called Australia but you want to keep your old and dirty habits?
Why come here for a new life if you want to continue your old ways,well its for the Social Security money and a free house,thats not enough though,is it?

Read this article:-

A WOMAN forced into marriage as a 12-year-old girl has told of how the illegal practice is common in Sydney but religious leaders are turning a blind eye.

Now in her 40s, the woman, whose identity must remain anonymous for her protection, said forced marriages were routine but raising concerns with police was taboo and dangerous.

Sydney girl 'bashed' by dad for talking to boys on Facebook

Her younger brother is now trying to marry off his 13-year-old daughter, who lives in Sydney, she said.

She said her life was promised to a 16-year-old boy when she was 12. Her family was poor and her father had been attempting to marry her off in exchange for money.

At 13 she had her first of five children with the man, who forbid her from studying and subjected her to horrific beatings, which broke her jaw bone and left visible scars, forcing her to wear dentures. They remain married.

Her life is ruined but to divorce him would leave her destitute.

Teenagers put on airport watchlists to stop arranged marriages

"I am like a dead, walking body. I'm alive only for my children. I cannot even remember the number of times I have tried to commit suicide."

The beatings only stopped once they arrived in Sydney. She is being helped by the Immigrant Women's Health Service.

It does not take em very long to to disintegrate after they get citizenship and promise to "integrate", where they swear on the flag and the Constitution and they do it on their Holy Book not the Bible,they lie their way through the ceremony just for a slip of paper that stops them being deported when they break the laws of the new country they infiltrate,usually illegally!

What a scam,and what a disgrace to sell your own daughter for money (dowry) the parents should be flogged then deported.

Billy
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:07 AM

Re: Muslim Child Brides,Sydney Australia

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
So you move to a new sunny country called Australia but you want to keep your old and dirty habits?
Why come here for a new life if you want to continue your old ways,well its for the Social Security money and a free house,thats not enough though,is it?
I'm dying to know how you get a free house, and Newstart? Who can live on that? Sounds like bullshit to me.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:31 AM

I think the child bride system will carry on whatever country these people are in. The latest one to hit the news is this-

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/10/ei...wedding-night/

All quite beyond my comprehension and quite frankly I find it horrifying and disgusting that any man, no matter what religion, could even consider having sex with such a young child. In this case the poor little girl died.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I'm dying to know how you get a free house, and Newstart? Who can live on that? Sounds like bullshit to me.
They get a house from whatever State they bludge off,do you really think that they all rent privately? Do you think here in WA where i cant afford to rent in Perth nor anyone on a basic wage,how do you think these asylum seekers survive?
Its Homes West here and Housing Commission in NSW,the dole is good enough for Australians,its better than what they had before they illegaly entered Australia.

I think you are bullshit Bruce,like most Australians you seem to think these people when let out of detention are walking the streets,no way,straight into a Houso furnished by Christian Charities,now thats a fact! so you are full of bullshit Bruce.

Billy
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 02:36 AM

This is Collie in WEstern Australia,all the public housing is leased by the Immigration Dept,this is an affront to Australians waiting on the Housing list,its a con,the Public Housing is moved ito another Title,the Public Housing Dept leases its properties to other Gov bodies,do you really think they are put on the street like Australians are??

Collie authorities annoyed they were not told 60 asylum seekers heading to town

LOCAL authorities in the West Australian town of Collie are annoyed at not being told that up to 60 asylum seekers will be housed there, but insist they will be welcomed nonetheless.

Family and employment services provider Communicare has entered into an agreement with the immigration department to lease nine houses in Collie, around 200km south of Perth, for asylum seeker families.

The families have been issued bridging visas, but Shire president Wayne Sandford said the local authority had been given no advice about the new residents.

``I was a little bit annoyed that our community and our council were not informed about what was going to happen, and any consultation just did not happen,'' Mr Sandford told Fairfax radio.

``I instructed staff at the Shire to make some inquiries, and of Tuesday the only correspondence we had had was a lot of failed returned calls.

``There will be some people in our community that won't be happy about this, but Collie is a welcoming community and I am sure the department is sending people who want to be in this country.''

Communicare, a non-government organisation, is said to need volunteers to help settle the new arrivals, understood to be from Afghanistan.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 02:50 AM

And more from Collie,dont tell me these people get the same benefits as Aussies,thats crap,they get it all handed to em on a silver platter,courtesy of mine and your taxpayer dollars!

Asylum seeker children are being sent to private schools instead of their public counterparts because the state and federal governments are yet to come to a funding agreement.

Currently, the federal government pays for asylum seeker children on bridging visas in Western Australia to attend private schools.

An agreement under which the state government, which is responsible for public schools, could recoup costs from the federal government, which is responsible for immigration matters, would need to be made before state schools open their doors to asylum seeker new students.

Two families with children have so far been settled in Western Australian town of Collie by the state government contracted charity Communicare, with more expected to follow.

Member for Collie-Preston Mick Murray said he was disappointed with the schooling arrangement for the families.

"The benefits don't flow so much into the general community," he said.

Mr Murray said when he initially found out the first asylum seeker family had arrived in town, he thought the children would provide a boost to public schools.

"I thought great, we can get the numbers up in our schools," he said.

"The better the numbers, the better the facilities the schools can get."

Mr Murray said he expected some community members would be disappointed about the rule as not everyone in town could afford private schooling provided to asylum seekers.

One of the two asylum seeker families in Collie is Catholic and is currently sending their three children to St Brigid's School, but the four children of the second Muslim family have remained at home.

The Alahmed family fled Iraq in 2007 and moved through Syria and Cyprus, but did not stay because of a lack of work and education opportunities and safety concerns.

They sought a "good future" for their children in Australia.

Bushra Alahmed said she was happy her children could be educated in Australia, but would prefer their children to attend a school where religion isn't part of the curriculum.

"We are happy because they [can] go to school," Ms Alahmed, who is a teacher, said.

But she said her children would not be schooled in Collie because religion should be a secondary consideration.

"I want my children to go to state, public school," Ms Alahmed said.

"I wanted my children to study, [but] not about religion."

Ms Alahmed says her family will move to Perth, where her sister lives, once their mandatory six-week stay in Collie comes to an end.

A spokeswoman for the WA Department of Premier and Cabinet said the state government had been working for "some time" on securing an agreement with the Commonwealth so that asylum seeker children could be educated at state government schools.

"In July last year, the Premier sought the support of the Prime Minister in exploring the process for the provision of education to asylum seeker children," she said.

"Discussions are on-going between the state government and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship on an appropriate funding arrangement.

"The state government will make every effort to accommodate these children and their special education needs where practicable but we would expect the Commonwealth to meet the costs."

Paul Reuben, president of the P&C at Wilson Park Primary - Collie's smallest primary school - said extra students would "benefit everyone".

"The more kids, the better facilites we can have," he said.

"Numbers affect hours teachers work etcetera.

"If the school benefits, the town benefits."
See your ad here

Selva Dutton, a Collie resident whose family was forced to leave Uruguay in the 1970s, said integrating into a new community was difficult and sending the children to private schools would create a larger divide between the asylum seeker families and the community.

"The quicker they're put in state school, the better," she said.

An Immigration Department spokesman said while an agreement between the WA and federal governments was negotiated, the WA Catholic Education Office had agreed to enrol school-aged asylum seeker children where they have capacity.

Billy
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 06:12 AM

You start off complaining about refugees getting the dole and a free house then you prattle on about asylum seekers on bridging visas. The latter don't even get the dole. You have no idea what you are talking about.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-09-2013, 06:31 AM

I know exactly what i am talking about,you cannot walk the streets of Australia without money in your pockets,they get money,plenty to survive,they do not pay rent but live in free assisted housing,same deal as Aussies but they change the name,they get more lurks and perks than poor Australians do.They are not allowed on the street without shelter or money for food.They are accomodated by the Government after their 6 weeks transitional support has expired,do you really think they would be left to starve by the Government? Is that what you think?
You dont know what you are talking about.

4. What support is available for asylum seekers on bridging visas?

Asylum seekers who are granted bridging visas are not eligible for social security payments through Centrelink and are not provided with public housing.

Asylum seekers may be provided with support to help them with the initial transition from immigration detention to living in the community. This might include financial assistance to help with basic living expenses (at 89% of the Centrelink Special Benefit rate), short-term emergency accommodation, and community orientation.[1] This transitional support is only available for six weeks.

Following this, some asylum seekers experiencing financial hardship may be eligible for assistance under the Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme (ASAS) while their immigration status is being resolved.[2] To qualify they must have been waiting for a decision about their protection visa application for at least six months or must meet certain vulnerability criteria.[3] Under the ASAS, asylum seekers may be eligible to receive financial assistance to help with basic living expenses (at 89% of the Centrelink Special Benefit rate).

Alternatively, asylum seekers who are particularly vulnerable due to exceptional circumstances, and have no access to other support or assistance in the community, may be eligible for the Community Assistance Support (CAS) program.[4] The CAS program helps asylum seekers to meet their basic health and welfare needs by providing assistance which may include complex casework support, financial assistance to help with basic living expenses (at 89% of the Centrelink Special Benefit rate), rent assistance (at 89% of the Centrelink Rent Assistance rate) and assistance with essential medical expenses.

Under the ASAS and the CAS, the Australian Red Cross may also provide eligible asylum seekers with referrals to health services, counselling, accommodation, clothing and furniture, education, legal services and social support.

All asylum seekers granted bridging visas are eligible for Medicare.

Billy
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 12:09 PM

It appears Billy you have the same problems in OZ as we have in the UK/EU ..I worry about the Islamification of this country .about what our children esp. the girls will have to put up with . I read about the stoning of women ..of the crucifixion of Christian priests the hanging upside down of Christians to die .the burning of church's. the beheading of children . in one case a five year old Christian girl dismembered alive .the beheading of a 12 year old Buddhist boy ..there are many more instances I have read about ....like you Billy I worry about Islam..
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
It appears Billy you have the same problems in OZ as we have in the UK/EU ..I worry about the Islamification of this country .about what our children esp. the girls will have to put up with . I read about the stoning of women ..of the crucifixion of Christian priests the hanging upside down of Christians to die .the burning of church's. the beheading of children . in one case a five year old Christian girl dismembered alive .the beheading of a 12 year old Buddhist boy ..there are many more instances I have read about ....like you Billy I worry about Islam..

I worry more about what women would have to put up with in THIS country at the hands of the "Christian" Religious Fanatics. There is prattle about taking away our vote.. our right to own property.. and our right to make choices regarding our reproductive health. And Child brides are not confined to Islam. There are Christian cults where young girls are wedded off to old lechers. Of course, these lunatics will not succeed in bringing their idea of Utopia to fruition... BUT the point remains.. the abhorant treatment of women as chattle is not confined to one fanatical group.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top