Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:42 PM

Re: Burqa ban

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have paid for petrol standing behind someone wearing a crash helmet on many occasions , they usually lift up the visor.
I hardly think someone who was going to rob a petrol station would fill up their tank then queue up to up to pay .

I have never seen a muslim women wearing a burqa and a crash helmet filling up the tank of a motorbike I must admit .

In islington alone around 80 motorbikes amonth are being stolen , quite a lot are food delivery peds , the proplem they say wearing a crash helmet , it's not your going to rob the place , but filling your tank up driving without paying , taking your helmet off , the petrol station have your face on cctv ,
But you can't say all motorbike drivers are criminals , you can't say all people wearing a burga are criminals , but you can't have two different rules as we all the same .

I find you a link Theres massive motorbike drivers rallies that are protested against it
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I'm glad if no one has ever seen a gang of youths with their hoods up creating havoc.

I'm not talking about the everyday person walking around with their hood up lol

Does a rainmate count?

I got a couple hoodies I wear often myra
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No - but there should be
why? i thought we were a freedom loving country? why would you want to restrict dowagers from wearing a veil? its traditional.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I think some women should hide their face.
Do you know Ploppy I think it might be quite liberating to wear a burqa there are a few times I wished I had one.
You just pop it on and out you go , no bother with putting on makeup and if you are having a bad hair day or have a spot on the nose or a cold sore no one's the wiser

I quite like the romantic idea of saving myself for my just husband's eyes too, it is quite romantic.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Do you know Ploppy I think it might be quite liberating to wear a burqa there are a few times I wished I had one.
You just pop it on and out you go , no bother with putting on makeup and if you are having a bad hair day or have a spot on the nose or a cold sore no one's the wiser

I quite like the romantic idea of saving myself for my just husband's eyes too, it is quite romantic.
You have some good points there Meg, I have thought for a while how it might not be so bad and I do know many women chose it the idea they are forced is not the majority in this country I believe.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:42 PM

Yes, the sound of slapping something on your face and not having to put on polyfilla sounds good to me. You wouldn't care about bumping into anyone at the shops

As the saying goes "go out fully made up and you don't meet a soul, but just one day nip out without yer gladrags and makeup and it's like a flippin reunion"
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
In islington alone around 80 motorbikes amonth are being stolen , quite a lot are food delivery peds , the proplem they say wearing a crash helmet , it's not your going to rob the place , but filling your tank up driving without paying , taking your helmet off , the petrol station have your face on cctv ,
But you can't say all motorbike drivers are criminals , you can't say all people wearing a burga are criminals , but you can't have two different rules as we all the same .

I find you a link Theres massive motorbike drivers rallies that are protested against it
I think that's pretty irrelevant when the CCTV can record the motorbike registration. Much easier to find someone that way. I understand that the crash helmet was to be removed when entering to pay, and that's for security reasons, I believe.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Yes, the sound of slapping something on your face and not having to put on polyfilla sounds good to me. You wouldn't care about bumping into anyone at the shops

As the saying goes "go out fully made up and you don't meet a soul, but just one day nip out without yer gladrags and makeup and it's like a flippin reunion"
As I don't use make up it makes no difference... Maybe it would if I had an almighty hangover, but fortunately I don't get those.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Why is that, it always happens if I 'just pop out'

When Chloe was a puppy and I was still working nights in a boarding school she was asking to go out urgently so I scooped her up and took her out into our private garden wearing only my nightie . I don't know who was most embarrassed myself or the nightwatchman who appeared from nowhere with a torch A burqa would have been a godsend at that moment ..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

25-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Why is that, it always happens if I 'just pop out'

When Chloe was a puppy and I was still working nights in a boarding school she was asking to go out urgently so I scooped her up and took her out into our private garden wearing only my nightie . I don't know who was most embarrassed myself or the nightwatchman who appeared from nowhere with a torch A burqa would have been a godsend at that moment ..
At least you had a nightie on, Meg...

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top