Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Cat Burglars

Is this why the term originated

Suspect One is known only as Denis:

Suspect Two is known as Theo:

You can see it in their eyes can't you!

They may look innocent enough but these two felines are responsible for a mini crime spree in the east of England.

Christmas is a gift for Theo, a three-year-old Siamese cross belonging to Rachael Drouet and Paul Edwards from Ipswich.

He is a seasoned cat burglar, regularly bringing home "treasures" from neighbours' houses.

Denis's penchant for purloining pants is matched by his love of shoes, paintbrushes and Barbie dolls.

Mrs Newman believes Denis climbs up neighbours' rotary washing lines and pulls items of clothing off before carrying them home through his cat flap.

Denis has successfully avoided being caught on film.

But this year, Theo has really got into the spirit of Christmas.

He has forsaken his usual diet of clothing, phone chargers and other cats' toys for a selection of Christmas decorations which his owners believe he is pilfering from their neighbours' trees.

Exhibits 1 and 2 in the case against Theo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25154820

Have you ever had a pet that brought home more than you expected
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Re: Cat Burglars

Definately, looks shifty ta me - I do think thats where the expression comes from, the way them cats clould climb an' all ......
I had a dog once that nicked me joint of beef from the worktop !
Never did figure how she got up there - it didn't happen twice !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Definately, looks shifty ta me - I do think thats where the expression comes from, the way them cats clould climb an' all ......
I had a dog once that nicked me joint of beef from the worktop !
Never did figure how she got up there - it didn't happen twice !
They definitely look suspect don't they!

I had a dog that stole (and ate) a piece of beef off my worktop too! I had gone to collect my son and husband from the swimming pool and when I got back, the beef had gone

Thieves - the lot of them
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 01:52 PM

When I was a child, we used to go on holiday every year to Perranporth with an aunt, uncle and my two cousins and we'd stay in a caravan on a site. Our dog, Tiger, would steal people's joints of meat and bring them back to the caravan my mother used to be horrified but my Uncle Len would shout at Tiger saying 'we had chicken last time you fool, look for the beef'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Ah thats great !
Perranporth - gorgeous ...... sigh ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Had me nanna round for a roast dinner, years ago. As she sat down - the dog jumped up and pinched her yorkshire pud !!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 02:00 PM

Yes, lovely memories of holidays there - we went every year until I was about 15.

I made the huge mistake of going back there about 20 years ago to the same site - it looked awful, crowded and neglected. I made a decision then to leave memories intact.

Fabulous beaches though.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Had me nanna round for a roast dinner, years ago. As she sat down - the dog jumped up and piched her yorkshire pud !!
Is nothing sacred
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Is nothing sacred
NO !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Yes, lovely memories of holidays there - we went every year until I was about 15.

I made the huge mistake of going back there about 20 years ago to the same site - it looked awful, crowded and neglected. I made a decision then to leave memories intact.

Fabulous beaches though.
That is so true - if its been a fair while - dont go back, too sad to see yer wonderful memories in tatters ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top