Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:50 AM

Re: The KEY points of Cameron's EU deal are up for debate.

Hi

If it was just a simple matter of saving money, why did we try to keep Scotland in the UK.

Nicola wants to stay in the EU and is saying that an OUT vote will result in another Scottish Referendum.

Let her have one and let Scotland go.

We would save £4.23 Billion a year, half what we pay the EU.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:05 AM

Nicola can say whatever She wishes,but the truth is the People of Scotland will not put Themselves or Our Country through all of that shit and hate again..I recall You saying We would become a 3rd World Country if We did go it alone...well maybe the same could be said about England if You vote for out of the EU.....Be careful what You wish
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Nicola can say whatever She wishes,but the truth is the People of Scotland will not put Themselves or Our Country through all of that shit and hate again..I recall You saying We would become a 3rd World Country if We did go it alone...well maybe the same could be said about England if You vote for out of the EU.....Be careful what You wish
Hi

I believe it is inevitable that we will have years of severe financial pain when we leave the EU.

The level of that pain is not within our control either, it will be determined by the International Money Markets and those foreign companies who own so much of our so called British Industry.

They will make their decisions solely on the basis of what is best for them, not what is best for the UK.

I will still be voting out though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Sorry JBR, I did read that wrong, know what you mean now though.
No problem.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The only way we entered in the first place was because those who didn't bother to vote were deemed to be for joining.

it will be exactly the same this time. it is estimated that less than 60% of the population will bother to vote so yet again they too will be deemed to be for joining.

This time I think those who don't vote should be heavily fined and given a criminal record. People who don't vote in my opinion loose the right to talk about how the country is run or by whatever party in power
How long does it take to go to the voting place and put a X on a bit of paper? You spend more time eating a meal than voting
I certainly believe that non-voters should not be assumed to have voted in favour/against.

If people fail to vote, perhaps their voting rights should be removed permanently, unless they have a valid reason for not voting (illness, travelling, etc.).
I also believe that postal voting should end, with certain exceptions of course. My wife and I registered for postal votes but, having done so, we have always attended the polling station for a couple of reasons: I don't trust the intermediaries to include my vote; I don't trust the Post Office to deliver it!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 11:24 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ve-the-EU.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Hi

A brilliantly written and persuasive article.

I agree with most of it, the exception being the exaggeration of the financial risks.

The £ has slid further today, that is the view of the International Money Markets, over which we have no control.

It is now down 10% since November, we are not that far off having to support it, which is money down the drain.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If it was just a simple matter of saving money, why did we try to keep Scotland in the UK.

Nicola wants to stay in the EU and is saying that an OUT vote will result in another Scottish Referendum.

Let her have one and let Scotland go.

We would save £4.23 Billion a year, half what we pay the EU.
It doesn't matter what Sturgeon wants, if the Scottish electorate have a majority vote to come out she will have to abide by that decision.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Very interesting interview with George Galloway on the Daily Politics Show!!! (Watch it on catch up if you missed it!)
They showed people walking out of an "Out" meeting then introduced him and the fireworks began!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If people fail to vote, perhaps their voting rights should be removed permanently, unless they have a valid reason for not voting
So what should they do if they fundamentally don't believe in the validity of the voting system itself, or if they fundamentally believe that the whole voting process doesn't change anything because the true unelected rulers of the country will carry on ruling regardless?

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top