Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:02 PM

Re: For what will you be remembered?

cee cee how do u not have a funeral?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:16 PM

I have told my family I want to have direct cremation. It just means there will not be a service. My ashes will be returned to my family.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:39 PM

"For what will you be remembered?"
God only knows, saving a bookies and a pub from closure perhaps?"

I suppose to be honest with oneself you would have to ask yourself how do YOU remember your close relations who have passed on.
I would like to be remembered as a good husband, father, and grandfather, but we can never see ourselves as others do can we?
I would hate to be remembered as I remember my paternal grandfather, a tight cranky sour faced old git, as opposed to my granny who was a happy generous soul, always a smile and a kind word for all.
I couldn’t have had a better mother and father, I’m grateful to them both and hold them in the highest esteem, as do my two children.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:39 PM

I will be remembered as the unpaid seamstress. I can't begin to count how many pairs of pants and skirts I have shortened, how many alterations I have done, even to a wedding dress, curtains, you name it and never asked or accepted a cash payment. Sometimes a home made goodie or a bottle of wine was a nice thought.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I have told my family I want to have direct cremation. It just means there will not be a service. My ashes will be returned to my family.
I didn't know you could do that.
I'd like to donate myself to whoever can make use of me.
I thought even if all my parts are worn out, the students could practise on me.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I didn't know you could do that.
I'd like to donate myself to whoever can make use of me.
I thought even if all my parts are worn out, the students could practise on me.
A direct cremation costs much less than a regular funeral. More money for the dogs home

Even if your body is used for medical research, your remains will still be returned to your family when they've finished with you.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:33 PM

We have just buried my wife's 42 year old son last Thursday, so the last few days I have been compiling my own wishes for my end.

I want a nonreligious cremation,and am compiling a list of music and passages to set the flavour. I told my kids to think of what they want to add.
I suppose how they remember me will be very personal to the individual.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:48 PM

I am man so sorry Bruv to hear of your loss.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
That is what I have arranged with my family and solicitor. A direct cremation, currently less than £2000. No ashes, no plaque, nothing. I have given them the number and address of the funeral company.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
That is what I have arranged with my family and solicitor. A direct cremation, currently less than £2000. No ashes, no plaque, nothing. I have given them the number and address of the funeral company.
David Bowie had a Direct cremation. That is when I first heard of it. A good idea if you don't want any fuss.

https://www.purecremation.co.uk/blog...ect-cremation/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top