Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Do you keep cash in the house?

I always keep a few notes in my drawer, just in case.
This is a safeguard as often the ATM is out of order.

Do you keep cash in your house?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 05:43 PM

Re: Do you keep cash in the house?

No never. Also I never have more than £10 in my purse, which I have as cashback from my weekly grocery shop, if I have spent it during the week. I never visit the bank or an ATM. This week I will need no cashback as I have not bought anything since last Thursday.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:03 PM

We do have cash in the house, I draw some out on a monthly basis, as my husband requires it, not being able to use cards anymore due to his brain damage. I prefer to pay for my petrol with cash, and small items. All the rest is paid by card. It is kept in a safe place until required
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I always keep a few notes in my drawer, just in case.
This is a safeguard as often the ATM is out of order.

Do you keep cash in your house?
No....I mainly use switch now .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:07 PM

No, not a lot in notes, but a few £2 coins, 20p in a savings tin (but I use a lot of them at the launderette in the winter months). Started to save 50p as well but spent them.

I started off with the intention of having spare cash indoors but then continued using the card. Wish I could get out of the habit so my balance and that of the bank tallies. ATM theirs gives me a higher amount than mine, so I’ve gone wrong somewhere in my calculations or entries.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We do have cash in the house, I draw some out on a monthly basis, as my husband requires it, not being able to use cards anymore due to his brain damage. I prefer to pay for my petrol with cash, and small items. All the rest is paid by card. It is kept in a safe place until required
I can understand that Tara. I hope it makes him feel more involved. Difficult I know.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-03-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No, not a lot in notes, but a few £2 coins, 20p in a savings tin (but I use a lot of them at the launderette in the winter months). Started to save 50p as well but spent them.

I started off with the intention of having spare cash indoors but then continued using the card. Wish I could get out of the habit so my balance and that of the bank tallies. ATM theirs gives me a higher amount than mine, so I’ve gone wrong somewhere in my calculations or entries.
It is good to have a piggy bank Jazzi, pays for little treats.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:26 PM

$100.00 or so. Not a lot
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:29 PM

I would if I had some.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
$100.00 or so. Not a lot
That is £71.39.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top