Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:28 PM

Re: Do you keep cash in the house?

It is just as well that I have nothing whatsoever of value in my house. I found that my french doors had been unlocked for a fortnight recently, due to my son taking furniture out that way and not re-locking the doors. I found out by accident because I leaned on the door handle and it flew open. So I had an unlocked house whenever I went out taking the dog with me.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
It is just as well that I have nothing whatsoever of value in my house. I found that my french doors had been unlocked for a fortnight recently, due to my son taking furniture out that way and not re-locking the doors. I found out by accident because I leaned on the door handle and it flew open. So I had an unlocked house whenever I went out taking the dog with me.
We both check our outside doors, of which we five including two sets of patio doors, if we both go out, and every evening before we go to bed. It is important we both do that task because occasionally we will think we have locked a door when we haven't.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Well, I say.
If I was burgled I think they would take my TVs and diamond rings, rather than forage through my knicker drawer. We have had no burglaries around here anyway.
As for Tara, I think they would have a battle with her, before she let go of her wad of cash. She most likely has a taser - Only teasing Tara

Swimmy would swing his chains and throw his coral reef, so no chance there.

Floydy would most likely throw his dumb bell at a burglar.

So public forum or not, beware of the consequences
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well, I say.
If I was burgled I think they would take my TVs and diamond rings, rather than forage through my knicker drawer. We have had no burglaries around here anyway.
As for Tara, I think they would have a battle with her, before she let go of her wad of cash. She most likely has a taser - Only teasing Tara

I don't have a taser, nor would I wish to own one, however I would stand my ground with my sword!

Attached Images

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't have a taser, nor would I wish to own one, however I would stand my ground with my sword!
That told them
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2018, 04:01 PM

That told them
It is jolly hard to lift.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:11 PM

Last time I was burgled the only thing they took was a bag of socks. And they'd been right beside a wallet with cash in.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-03-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Last time I was burgled the only thing they took was a bag of socks. And they'd been right beside a wallet with cash in.
Were they odd socks?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 08:16 PM

Well, I say.

Hi

You have to be careful of course.

I travel extensively when I am well, far away from the Tourist Tracks.

The Exchange rate for US Dollars or GB Pounds is far higher on the street than what you can get from the Bank, as much as 30%.

The Cantors in Poland are around 18% better than changing here in the UK,both for Zloty and USD.

You go to the Ukraine and USD have great exchange rates.

It is the same in SE Asia.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-03-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You have to be careful of course.

I travel extensively when I am well, far away from the Tourist Tracks.

The Exchange rate for US Dollars or GB Pounds is far higher on the street than what you can get from the Bank, as much as 30%.

The Cantors in Poland are around 18% better than changing here in the UK,both for Zloty and USD.

You go to the Ukraine and USD have great exchange rates.

It is the same in SE Asia.
That is very true Swimmy.
I live in a tourist trap - honest

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top